Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Filed under the "Stack's Lesson Learned" Category

AthenaAthena Posts: 439 ✭✭✭

I don't bid often, but tried to do so online just now for the live Stack's Baltimore session two. Clicked the "BID" button and much to my surprise, the lot closed five seconds later without my bid registering. Ugh. Someone got a pretty good buy! :)

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

same thing just happened to me too. :s

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    EXOJUNKIEEXOJUNKIE Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2017 9:12AM

More S/B website problems....c'mon man! :s

I'm addicted to exonumia ... it is numismatic crack!

ANA LM

USAF Retired — 34 years of active military service! 🇺🇸
  • Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ive done worse on a previous SB auction. Looked at the page and it said 12hrs to go. Though I had plenty of time to strategize. I look back an hour later, and my item sold for pennies on the dollar!
    Clock was apparently for when the whole thing ended or some stupid other thing.
    Hard pill to swallow

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options

@DCW said:
    Ive done worse on a previous SB auction. Looked at the page and it said 12hrs to go. Though I had plenty of time to strategize. I look back an hour later, and my item sold for pennies on the dollar!
    Clock was apparently for when the whole thing ended or some stupid other thing.
    Hard pill to swallow

Nothing has changed. This still isn't fixed. I was watching a few items (not planning to bid) that I thought (based on S/B's countdown clock) were going to end late last night, but when I checked on them early in the evening they had already sold but the auction still had a couple of hours to go -- which made it look like those particular items still had a couple of hours to go. It doesn't make much sense when I see it and I'm not even sure it makes sense when I write it! :s Ugh. HA's countdown system is MUCH easier to understand and I've never missed a bid when following it. 'Nuff said.

ANA LM

• Options

In the live online bidding room, you have to click "bid", then click "confirm". In the future we will remove this second confirmation step.

Regarding the countdown clock, it counts down from the start of live bidding for the session.

Please feel free to contact me with any further questions.

Brian

• Options

@StacksBowersGalleries said:
    In the live online bidding room, you have to click "bid", then click "confirm". In the future we will remove this second confirmation step.

Brian

Did not know about the confirm step. Never got a chance to click it. :(

I coulda been a contender!

• Options

Regarding the countdown clock, it counts down from the start of live bidding for the session.

This doesn't make sense. Then why do lots show as "SOLD" when the countdown clock still has hours to go???

ANA LM

• Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭✭✭

StacksBowers is still having (unacceptable) website problems years after they transitioned from Teletrade. I'm not convinced they will ever figure it out. :-1:

-Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is one auction site were the advice of bid early and your max is a good one, unless you are live at venue.

• Options
    NicNic Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can> @davewesen said:

This is one auction site were the advice of bid early and your max is a good one, unless you are live at venue.

Agree about the site bidding though that does not always work.

Be there or have a rep.

• Options

@EXOJUNKIE said:

This doesn't make sense. Then why do lots show as "SOLD" when the countdown clock still has hours to go???

To be more specific, this happens when I'm viewing lots on my "Watched Lots" page, not when I'm browsing the entire auction.

ANA LM

• Options

I was just reading J Agre's "Road Report" (Coin Rarities Online). He recommends the app for SB bidding. Will have to check that one out.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file