Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Ebay Flash Sale $15 off $75

$15 off $75 when you apply coupon code CFLASHMARCH15 and checkout via PayPal. Ends today March 28, 2017 at 6pm PT or 9pm ET.

Remember you can get an additional 1% back on all eBay purchases from Mr. Rebates as well. Shameless Referral: Link to Mr. Rebates

Terms & Conditions:
The Coupon is a $15 discount off a minimum purchase of $ 75 or more, valid until 6PM PT on March 28, 2017. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of eligible items on eBay.com. Eligible items exclude items from the Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, and Real Estate categories. Coupon can be used once per PayPal account within a single transaction (or cart), while supplies last. Only eBay members paying with a PayPal account registered with an address located in the United States or Canada can receive the discount.

Comments

• rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

No worky

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

Didn't work for me either and I won a $104 card last night--the one last week worked; has anyone ever had one work one week and then another one not work the following week?? :s

• PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

My guess is it is valid only for certain items.

I guess it didn't work because I finally had a qualifying item I actually wanted to buy :/

• travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

According to a post I read on a coupon site, the deal is "dead" and eBay pulled the code. :/

@travis t said:
    According to a post I read on a coupon site, the deal is "dead" and eBay pulled the code. :/

http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/2017/03/28/ebay-flash-sale-15-off-75/

Turds. Oh well, I bought something I needed anyways. If they reactivate it, I'll buy a case of vintage from JennyF.

• MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    edited March 28, 2017 6:56PM

Worked for me just now via eBay mobile and didn't need to spend $75

edit to add - it actually took $14.66 off my $31 purchase.

• HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for posting. No workie for me when it was active

@MULLINS5 said:

That's bizarre--are you sure that was the code you used?!?!

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mikelowell25 said:

@MULLINS5 said:

Wait, there's another code??!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

@mikelowell25 said:

@MULLINS5 said:

Same code...the purchase is in pounds vs USD so that's probably why it's 14.66

Oh. No wonder. I should have bought crumpets.

Alrighty then. Just received an apology coupon from eBay. Good til April 11th. It's bait and switch with stinky minnows.

Not sure what you mean. Is it a public coupon code?

How is it "bait and switch?"

@PaulMaul said:
    Not sure what you mean. Is it a public coupon code?

The e-mail I received references a "technical issue" which suggests to me that if there had been any attempt made to use CFLASHMARCH15, their system would have flagged it. The new courtesy code is C15SHOPNOW for anyone who wants to give it a try, but be certain it works before you checkout with PayPal, I'd presume.

@PaulMaul said:
    How is it "bait and switch?"

Forgot to add this - ;)
    Just seems strange to me as a purchaser of an item that particular day, I'm now offered another chance to spend, because I couldn't save the first time. Why not just send me the 15 bucks?

edited April 7, 2017 12:44PM

I tried to use it at the time, but when the code didn't work, I just backed out of the purchase. I've heard others suggest they couldn't back out, which I don't understand. If you don't hit "confirm and pay," you don't buy the item, right?

I just received the email too. Do you think it might only work for people who unsuccessfully tried to use the original coupon?

That is my assumption, yes. I hit the BIN button on my purchase, so I guess I kinda "backed in" LOL. I'm not upset, as the item is something I really wanted and needed, so whatever. I can figure out ways to spend with the best of 'em. ;)

Just curious....when I hit "buy it now", I'm taken directly to checkout, and forced to pay immediately. If I don't pay, I haven't committed to the item. Is that not everyone's experience?

• OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Doesn't the confirm and pay come in to play after you have agreed to buy the item ? Backing out would just leave it for the seller to invoice you correct ? NPB if no pay. That was my only experience trying to use one of these coupons. When it didn't work, I had to buy the item I really didn't want just because I was foolish enough to take the 'I'm a housewife and I got a coupon so I gotta buy it' approach :)

I wonder if the experience is different on mobile devices. When I hit buy it now, I'm taken directly to checkout, and explicitly told that the item is not mine until I pay. In this instance, I didn't pay. I subsequently checked the listing and it was still active. The item did not show on "my eBay." It was as if I never attempted to buy it.

• mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    edited April 7, 2017 1:08PM

The new code (C15SHOPNOW) just worked for me. And there's no need to spend $75. It's $15 off $15. But, not everyone is eligible.

Enter code at checkout, and pay with PayPal to redeem. Hurry, your coupon expires 4/11/17.
    C15SHOPNOW
    For coupon details and terms, go to My eBay Summary.

How to redeem your Coupon:
    Shop for eligible items. (See below for exclusions.)
    Pay for your item with PayPal by 11:59PM Pacific Time on April 11, 2017
    Enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field: C15SHOPNOW

Terms & Conditions
    The Coupon is a $15 discount, valid until 11:59PM on April 11, 2017. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of eligible items on eBay.com. Eligible items exclude items from the Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, and Real Estate categories. Coupon can be used 1-time per PayPal account within a single transaction (or cart), while supplies last. Only eBay members paying with a PayPal account registered with an address located in the United States or Canada can receive the discount.

Coupon is subject to U.S laws, void where prohibited, not redeemable for cash, has no face value, and cannot be combined with any other Coupon, or when paying with PayPal Credit Easy Payments or Gift Cards. eBay may cancel, amend, or revoke the Coupon at any time.

@PaulMaul said:
    Just curious....when I hit "buy it now", I'm taken directly to checkout, and forced to pay immediately. If I don't pay, I haven't committed to the item. Is that not everyone's experience?

Depends on whether seller checked the require immediate payment box or not when listing.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

Tim, It happens to me that way every time. It is impossible for me to hit buy it now without being forced to pay immediately. Every time.

That is using an iPad. I rarely use a real computer for anything other than bidding on conventional auctions.

@PaulMaul said:

Hit "add to cart" instead.

• OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

@mlbfan2 said:

@PaulMaul said:

Hit "add to cart" instead.

Brilliant !!!! That should work fine.

The 'require immediate payment' difference wasn't making sense.

edited April 7, 2017 1:22PM

If a seller checks off the require immediate payment box when listing a BIN, you cannot purchase the item without making payment first.

David, you may be experiencing some other issue because of eBay mobile that requires immediate payment on all purchase using BIN option but for me, it's only those auctions where the seller requires immediate payment up front.

I've wondered about this for a long time. Yes, I can add items to shopping cart and request new total from the seller. But the fact is, every time I hit buy it now I am forced to pay immediately and have been for years. I just don't understand why it happens to me and not everyone else. I am not using the mobile app, I am using the normal site on iPad safari. This time it was a benefit for me as I was able to bail when the coupon failed last month.

Does this universal immediate payment on buy it now happen to others?

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

MLB ... $15 off $15 ... how can you go wrong? Thanks for sharing. However, didn't work for me.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

I just found this in my inbox. You guys were right - the new code will apparently only work for those people that tried to use the other code.

Dear Valued eBay Customer,

You may have recently experienced a technical issue when attempting to use coupon code: CFLASHMARCH15OFF.

We wanted to let you know that the issue has now been resolved and as a courtesy, we would like to offer you a $15 coupon for the inconvenience.

Just use coupon code: C15SHOPNOW at checkout.
    The code is valid until April 11, at 11:59PM PT.

For more information on how to redeem, use this step-by-step guide.
    Please accept this discount along with our apologies for this error.
    See details for more information.

Sincerely,
    eBay Customer Service

• rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coupon works with any $ amt purchase. It will work in conjunction with eBay bucks. I had $1 eBay bucks left. I had an item on my watch list that was just below $15 before shipping. The coupon worked for the complete cost of the item. The $1 sabayon bucks I had left went towards shipping. Great deal.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies