Home PSA Set Registry Forum

how to remove pics from digital album or Registry set.

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭✭✭

Having purchased a new scanner, I was anxious to see the improvement in my uploaded pics. I have all (old) pics uploaded to my Master Set, as this is where the digital album pulls from to create the digital album. I tried to delete the older scans, but couldn't figure out how to do it. I even used the "remove" function, but after uploading a couple of "new" scans, the older pics are still associated with the line in the set registry.

The "old" scans are of course in my pictures file in my computer. Not sure if I have to delete all of them from this file, start over with the new scans, then upload from there. I did upload one new scans from this file and it did appear on the line associated with the set after I uploaded it, but the old one is still there...IOW, I have 4 pics of the same card, front and back.

How can I just delete the older scanned pics, scan in the same cards with the new scanner, and upload the new pics into my set and digital album? Seems there should be a way to just click the scan and have a delete function and it's done.

Ideas, help, welcome.

Tks,
Al

Comments

• RobbyRobby Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

Al ...............I'm not sure if this will help you or not .....................but when I want to delete a picture .............I click on the edit set icon .......................in the first two rows at the top ...............you have Action.............and then Cert. # ...............both are in blue lettering .............................I click on the Cert.# for that card ..........that should take you to the info page of that card where you can edit ..........has a delete photo function ????
    Robbie

Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

There's an odd anomaly with the Set Registry software, in that if you delete an image from your inventory and upload another image for that card WITH THE SAME FILENAME, you get the original back. If you wait a couple days and do the same thing, you get the new image. More than likely, they have a "chron" service that deletes all of the images from their image file directory at a certain time of day. If you name the file something different, you won't have any trouble--but that's annoying.

You don't have to do anything with the old files on your computer. Those aren't affecting the process.

Since I recently had the need to delete 16,000+ scans, I contacted Cosetta and asked them to do it for me--it was obviously an all-or-nothing deal, in that if they were going to delete anything for me, it was going to be all my images and all my digital albums. Since that's what I wanted at the time, I was happy with the nuclear option.

• lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭

@bobsbbcards said:
    Since I recently had the need to delete 16,000+ scans, I contacted Cosetta and asked them to do it for me--it was obviously an all-or-nothing deal, in that if they were going to delete anything for me, it was going to be all my images and all my digital albums. Since that's what I wanted at the time, I was happy with the nuclear option.

LMAO - NUCLEAR OPTION

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭✭✭

The image delete process is easy when you know how...like everything else. Just go to your inventory, click the "details" link and delete the image. I haven't encountered a return of the older pics yet, but if I do, I'll post.

Thankfully I don't have to request "the nuclear option". :smile:

@MCMLVTopps said:
    I haven't encountered a return of the older pics yet, but if I do, I'll post.

I'll be thrilled if they've gotten rid of that cough feature.