Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Who Here Has Used The Registry As a Way To Sell Inventory?

Hi,

I've got a stupid amount of PSA slabs (w/ cards inside) that need to be sold. Each day I almost:
1) Start an eBay store
2) Create a Shopify store
3) Create enormous listings of my cards and links to front/back scans with pricing to be posted in various forums
4) Ship all of my cards off to a consignment genie
5) Start this discussion to see if I can use the PSA Set Registry software to help with selling.

If I mark something for sale in the registry, what happens? Does it magically appear as available for other people's registry sets, so when they click "Shop", one of the options is "Buy from Bob"? Who's done this? Was there a fee? Am I talking nonsense?

Comments

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think your first problem may be who (potential buyer) would go to your Registry set and see that you have cards for sale. Hypothetically, if you have an Albert Pujols master set and you do what you're thinking, aren't you limiting your exposure to potential buyers? Even if the "for sale" info spreads across all the other registered sets, how often do you think people go there to look? I would think very, very few. Low to no traffic = low to no sales.

Don't know what you're selling, but if you want little or no effort involved, I'd send them to a "consignment genie". Over the years I have dealt with Steve Novella, who is ACES!! You can find him at Stevenovella.com. I had him sell a very high grade 55 Topps set of mine a few years ago, agreement made on the phone and off went about $60k in cards...smooth deal, excellent results, his vig is reasonable and he's an excellent communicator...I highly recommend Steve. Feel free to drop my name if you call.

GL,
    Al

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

Steve Novella is a great guy to deal with

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've only bought from Steve Novella but I must agree. Great packaging, quick shipping. I like how he takes care of business.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• marinermariner Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭✭

Bob, as others have said here, Steve Novella is a great resource for you to use to sell cards for you.

Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭

Bob, are you selling your collection?

Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

@jackstraw said:
    Bob, are you selling your collection?

Nope. I've just accumulated so many duplicates over the years that I'm swimming in stuff I need to unload. I'm planning on contacting Steve, but before I do that I'll post a list here and across the street of what I'm selling.

• bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

Swimming is an exaggeration but I have personally tripped over piles of cards entombed in plastic in Bob's basement

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

@bishop said:
    Swimming is an exaggeration but I have personally tripped over piles of cards entombed in plastic in Bob's basement

For all I know, you're still down there wandering around between the stacks.

• I have never sold off the registry but I have had some success buying off the registry, usually from those who have uncomplete sets. Im working on high grade baseball 1966-69. If you have any dupes psa 9 or 10 from these years, message me . Cheers

• cadets68cadets68 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

@bobsbbcards I am interested in PSA Topps Milwaukee Braves and Milwaukee Brewers

Shawn

After those four National League games, Gorman Thomas was never the same, and neither were the Brewers, and come to think of it neither was I.

Josh Wilker - Cardboard Gods
  • QUITCRABQUITCRAB Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Bob...Any bazooka panels or boxes you want to unload,please contact me. thanks Scott