Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Which Card Has The Highest Upside?

Board opinions on which cards have the highest upside. 57 Bart Starr PSA 7, or 63 Pete Rose PSA 7.5? Thanks

PackManInNC

Comments

• Starr.

Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • ndleondleo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hit King

Mike
  • OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

When Pete gets his deserved HOF, would rather have that one. It will be huge and glorious day when he does. All Pete haters can bite me

• ndleondleo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

My focus is football, but Rose is still the hits leader despite all of the PED years. I think a lot of the pre-West Coast Offense/Pass Happy QBs are going to get overlooked as the passing numbers get crazy. Bart Starr is an iconic QB on an Iconic team, but I don't see anything driving demand higher than if and when Rose gets into the HOF.

Mike
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rose.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• I'd go with the Starr. A legendary team that will always hold value. Pop count only has about 90 graded higher.

I don't personally like the Rose card as much as some of his other cards and I don't think he'll get a huge "bump" when he gets in.

DISCLAIMER: I didn't grow up watching either of them play.

• TheMickTheMick Posts: 217 ✭✭✭

Man those are 2 ugly rookie cards. I'd have to go with Rose. Baseball trumps football in cards.

• mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

They were some ugly cards.

PackManInNC
  • hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rose by a mile. Whether inducted while living, or after he passes, the price jump that 63 card makes in higher grade will put last years false run up to shame.

• lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭✭

Rose but i would rather have the STAR

• dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

If Joe Jackson made the HOF, he would have faded into obscurity. Same thing with Pete. It would be better for his cards in the long run for him to NOT get into the Hall. That being said, I will say Rose over Starr.

Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rose by a mile. I don't think getting in the HOF will significantly effect value of his cards.

He has a loyal base of collectors, nothing else matters. Starr SHOULD be more valuable, but is not.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set