Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

When's the last time to saw a counterfeit 84 Fleer Update or 86-87 Fleer Basketball Card?

How long has it been since you've actually seen a fake 1984 Fleer Update or 1986-97 Fleer Basketball card? Its been quite a while for me. I saw two 84FU Puckett's at a show in the 90's but can't recall seeing or hearing about them being that prevalent since. Not sure I ever saw an 86 Fleer fake. I know the story about how someone tricked a printing company into thinking he had permission to reprint some of the 84 FU's for promotional purposes, and I know the one about how some employees copied some various cards "after hours". But I have been of the opinion for decades that there were probably a very limited number of fakes and that they were only around regionally. Anyone have any recent experience with seeing fakes of either of these sets?

I actively collect Kirby Puckett. I have collections of Michael Jordan, Emmitt Smith, Roberto Clemente, Dwight Gooden, Tom Seaver, Errict Rhett and Evan Longoria.

Comments

• secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

The last jordan fake from 86 fleer I saw was 1 millisecond ago on ebay and 1 milliasecond before that...etc everything else there is only a few-barkley and others but not the whole set has been reproduced but it probably will at some point...