Home Stamps Forum

How to sell First Day Covers, now a days ?

1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

How is the best way to sell FDIC's today ?
I have maybe 500 from the 40's to 70's.
Any thoughts would be appreciated :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Comments

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do any have unusual cachets? Any "handpainted" cachets? Those may have some marketability. Mass produced, run of the mill cachets, addressed FDCs, and FDCs with no cachets are likely of little value.

All glory is fleeting.
  • 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I suspected that, thanks for the reply :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps I can give them to the boys and girls club?

• pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:
    Perhaps I can give them to the boys and girls club?

I was thinking more along the lines of an old folks home.

• oz_in_ohiooz_in_ohio Posts: 184 ✭✭

If they have the high values of the set, they can be sold as used stamps and nothing else. A
    Those high values are not used much these days on packages with the way the post office
    prints out the stickers with the price on it once the pkg is weighed.