Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Variant Correction Question

Let's say a given card has a variant, for example 1959 back color.

Suppose PSA only starts recognizing and identifying the variant in 2015. One card is submitted prior to that date, and the variation is not noted. A second card is submitted after 2015, and the variation is mistakenly not noted.

Are both of these cards now considered mechanical errors, to be corrected for free? Or does PSA distinguish the error from the pre-variant correct flip, and charge for correcting the card that was correctly graded before the variant was recognized?

Comments

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's happened a few times to me with the Nolan Ryan Master set on the Registry and I have been able to get both types of cards fixed as mechanical errors, even though some where graded prior to the variation being recognized.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

@PaulMaul said:
    Let's say a given card has a variant, for example 1959 back color.

Suppose PSA only starts recognizing and identifying the variant in 2015. One card is submitted prior to that date, and the variation is not noted. A second card is submitted after 2015, and the variation is mistakenly not noted.

Are both of these cards now considered mechanical errors, to be corrected for free? Or does PSA distinguish the error from the pre-variant correct flip, and charge for correcting the card that was correctly graded before the variant was recognized?

:o:s
    Dave, I believe you're looking for the physics message board on the MIT website ;):)

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2017 8:00PM

Donato understood my question David....try to keep up! :):);)

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PaulMaul said:
    Donato understood my question David....try to keep up! :):);)

The other David is often befuddled, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.