Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Are BGS 9.5's, with all subs 9.5 are higher, keeping up with PSA 10 prices?

Are the even exceeding them in some cases? Any thoughts?

Work hard and you will succeed!!

Comments

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 21, 2017 2:38PM

I know they seem to be with modern hockey. It seems like PSA 10s are slotting in somewhere between a BGS 9 and BGS 9.5 with BGS 10 Blacks going off the charts. A few weeks back a Connor McDavid UD Young Guns rookie in a BSG 10 Black label sold for just under $10k. BGS 10 Gold labels are selling for $1k. BGS 9.5 for $450. You can buy PSA 10s for $350 all day.

They also seem to own a larger share of graded modern hockey as well. One example is Sidney Crosby Young Guns. It's his iconic non numbered but supposedly a short print RC. PSA has 597 graded examples and BGS has 2,297 graded.

That said I own exactly zero BGS graded cards. I personally feel that the whole subgrade thing is way overblown. If it's hard to sometimes tell a 10 from a 9 how can you consistently tell a 9 from a 9.5 or a 9.5 from a 10. Again as the mantra goes: Buy the card, not the holder.

Kevin

Kevin

• Options

i rarely by BGS 9.5s anymore, but when i do, they MUST have all sub-grades of at least 9.5

Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Outside of modern hockey, no, reference mj rookie psa prices vs bgs 9.5 with 4 9.5 subs or better

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 21, 2017 10:39PM

@HighGradeLegends said:
    Outside of modern hockey, no, reference mj rookie psa prices vs bgs 9.5 with 4 9.5 subs or better

Yes! In case it's not very apparent to everyone already, I collect both kinds of cards. Vintage hockey and modern hockey. Do they make other kinds? ;) P

Kevin

Kevin