Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Do "small portrait" $50s and $100s bring much in average circulated condition ?

kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's something you always hear about happening, but I was helping clean out my mothers house and we came across $1050 in 1990 series $100 and $50 bills. They are all pretty much like you would get out of an ATM machine. Do these bring anything above face value?

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Comments

• Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 20, 2017 9:11PM

No, take those to the bank. They have to be perfect uncirculated without any creases or folds to command a premium. Star serial number notes will carry a premium but they need to be uncirculated too!

• Options

No star notes.. you are right, it would be hard to spend them anywhere. I'll have to run into the bank.

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    edited March 21, 2017 5:19PM

We found three more notes, one in a wedding card and two in an Easter card. -- a 1928 $5 bill and two 1935 $1 silver certificates. The $5 is in crisp condition.. with 3 sharp folds in it. :o\

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd like to find $1050 in cash lying around my house!

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

Would love to see the $5 1928....curious if it is a green seal or a red.Please post a pic if you can.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency