Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1957 Bart Starr PSA 6.5

I know that this is probably better for buy and sell forum, but far more people look at this one. I wanted to know if anyone has or know someone who was a 57 Starr PSA 6.5 they might want to sell? Please let me know. Thanks.
You can also email me at mexpo75@aol.com

PackManInNC

Comments

• mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

In case anyone might know of a 57 Starr PSA 6.5 for sale.

PackManInNC
  • I pulled a 57 Starr card from 2002 Heritage at xmas. Its a remake of the 57'RC. This one is the Red Ink Auto short print version (not the common blue). Only 57 were made. I have not seen another one. Only 1 listed on PSA pop (an 8)
    Well, I sent it in for grade, not signature. as I know its real (has hologram sticker)...Hoping it gets a 10.
    Should come in next month..hopefully from a group sub.

Collecting RC's (mostly 40-60's)
  • BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why 6.5? It looks like there are eight PSA 6.5s in the world. The odds of finding one on this forum are pretty remote.
    There are 345 sixes and 280 sevens.

Daniel

I have a 6 and a 7. I would like to get the 6.5.

PackManInNC
  • handymanhandyman Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 21, 2017 6:37PM

buy a nice 6 and try and get a review bump

Have tried two times. No luck.

PackManInNC
  • jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2017 3:56PM

Buy another 7 and ding a corner a little. You may get a 6.5. :p
    James

LOL!! Love it. Thanks.

PackManInNC
  • Dand522612Dand522612 Posts: 417 ✭✭✭

@jfkheat said:
    Buy another 7 and ding a corner a little. You may get a 6.5. :p
    James

Holy mackerel that is.funny.!!!!

• HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

my fav rookie card. Bart is a true legend. too bad he is aging quickly...like many players from that era, he will be gone soon sad to say. gl in your search

• seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    edited September 20, 2017 12:33PM

@mexpo75 said:
    I have a 6 and a 7. I would like to get the 6.5.

Interesting...can i ask why the importance of having the 6.5 when u have the bookends? OCD (which i can def understand, we all have a touch of it with these cardboard photos) or are you working on a complete run of grades for cards...ex,. 4,4.5,5,5.5,6 etc....very cool and good luck...ill keep my eye out

Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

My biggest collecting regret is not getting that card signed 6 years ago when he was signing 4X a year at Tristar Shows.

@VitoCo1972 said:
    My biggest collecting regret is not getting that card signed 6 years ago when he was signing 4X a year at Tristar Shows.

Same. He no longer signs. He used to sign ttm too if you gave a donation to one of his fav charities.

@VitoCo1972 said:

Same. He no longer signs. He used to sign ttm too if you gave a donation to one of his fav charities.

I am glad I was lucky enough to meet him back in the late 60's at the Chicago Auto show. Class guy all the way A lot of todays players can take a lesson from him.

PackManInNC