Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Would it serve any purpose to have a running WTB list on the BST?

For example, I'll start a discussion with the title "WTB master list" or whatever. Responses would be from individuals with the coins they are currently seeking. Each individual edits their response as they find what they need or add more to their list. I think it would help make some connections. Concerns? Suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like a great idea to me.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    neildrobertsonneildrobertson Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

It could work. I'd have a hard time deciding if I should post a 100+ coin list, or just general areas that I am looking to buy in.

IG: DeCourcyCoinsEbay: neilrobertson
    "Numismatic categorizations, if left unconstrained, will increase spontaneously over time." -me

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

I suggest we keep it to 10 items or less.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

What would be very helpful along with this great suggestion is each member's general areas of collecting. I know them for many here but not to the fullest extent and outside of a specific want list item, it is always helpful to get/give a heads up should anything within that scope comes up for sale.

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like that idea. I've seen random WTB threads (and posted a few) but they have a tendency to get buried. 10 items/category limit is good.

Maybe do a new thread every 3 months or so depending on how cluttered it gets, that way if someone gets a coin or moves on without fixing their post then that will keep it from sticking around forever.

• Options
    MrBreezeMrBreeze Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭

I threw it out there. Let's try to manage it as we can. I like all of the suggestions so far. I agree that we need to give it a refresher every 3-4 months if it gets long.

• Options

I posted and added my list. It suddenly made me more keenly aware of how specific my collecting interests have become lately.

"Numismatic categorizations, if left unconstrained, will increase spontaneously over time." -me

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

@neildrobertson said:
    I posted and added my list. It suddenly made me more keenly aware of how specific my collecting interests have become lately.

I added a bit more than the suggested 10 items/categories and became aware of how NON specific my interests are as I left off quote a bit :smiley:

• Options
    HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

How do you find the running wantlist on the BST?

• Options

@HoledandCreative said:
    How do you find the running wantlist on the BST?

It should still be on the 1st page. You'd have to search for it if it falls off the top few pages unless it gets stickied.