Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA Pop Report - UPDATE

PSA is currently in the process of consolidating its numerous Pop Report categories in an effort to make the Pop Report more user-friendly and consistent with Set Registry. Over the next few months, several categories will be relocated, but all of the data will still be accessible via the Pop Report page. If you have any questions, please call (800) 325-1121 or email info@PSAcard.com.

For your convenience, here is a list of the recently moved categories:

Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh! relocated to Non-Sports Cards
Bowling, Racing, and Tennis relocated to Misc Cards

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

Comments

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

When the grade results are in, is there any way to add a column for "population"? This column would display the current population count for that particular grade.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options

The pop report is so far off that it's sad. There are so many cards that are cracked and resubmitted back to PSA, or to another company.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Maevro said:
    The pop report is so far off that it's sad. There are so many cards that are cracked and resubmitted back to PSA, or to another company.

It serves as a gauge, not gospel.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

@new again collector said:

It serves as a gauge, not gospel.

It's not even a gauge though, is it? It's an absurdity . . .

Despite the fact that the numbers are skewed in many cases, I think it serves as a very useful tool, certainly to determine the more difficult cards in high grade for a particular set. If you feel differently, I suppose you have the option of simply discounting it, but most collectors wouldn't share that perspective. JMHO.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand your point, which is a valid one. I remember at one time years ago, PSA would provide a free grading voucher if you returned X number of flips for pop report adjustment. But human nature being what it is, if there is no incentive to returning the flips after crackouts, they're not going to be returned. And as long as the potential upside is there, people are going to crack and resubmit.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Hmmmm. A truckload of those flips would make a nice finished bar top for a top dog collector man cave. I would encourage everyone to send me their loose flips as well as any that are still inside a slab, I can free those and return your cards if you want them back. Heh. If you've been around here long enough, you'll get the bar top reference.

• Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

@travis t said:
    Hmmmm. A truckload of those flips would make a nice finished bar top for a top dog collector man cave. I would encourage everyone to send me their loose flips as well as any that are still inside a slab, I can free those and return your cards if you want them back. Heh. If you've been around here long enough, you'll get the bar top reference.

@travis t said:

Lmao