Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Does anyone know if there is a way to make all of the "holes" the same size on the virtual album?

I have a virtual album for my showcase set and some holes are not consistent with the actual size of the coins. Can I make each "hole" the same size or is it automatically set?

Comments

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is an interesting question. I had placed some foreign coins in a Showcase set and the coins were not sized correctly relative to one another. However, after I left the site and came back on another day, they were all the correct size. I do not know if the software fixes these quirks itself when you leave the site or if something else happened, but I was pleased with the result.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TomB said:
    This is an interesting question. I had placed some foreign coins in a Showcase set and the coins were not sized correctly relative to one another. However, after I left the site and came back on another day, they were all the correct size. I do not know if the software fixes these quirks itself when you leave the site or if something else happened, but I was pleased with the result.

It didn't work that way for me.
    I still have one foreign coin sized incorrectly in my showcase.

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

You know, I just went back and checked the set again and the coins are not correctly sized relative to one another. It makes me wonder if I was mistaken when I believed they had been fixed in the first place.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    Sandman70gtSandman70gt Posts: 979 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a great question. I have a slab generation set to showcase and I would love slab sized and shaped holes!

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• Options
    MrBreezeMrBreeze Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭

After some emails back and forth, it is my understanding that the holes are generated automatically. I don't know what the basis is for the program to determine a size, but there is currently no way for the user to pick the sizes. I did not pursue asking for such a thing because I don't know how many people are actually affected by this. But, PCGS reps were completely open to mentioning it to the programmers.