Home Sports Talk

Romo

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gonna be released tomorrow. My own personal conjecture:

1 - Denver
2 - Houston

Either team becomes an instant SB contender with him at the helm.

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed that either of those two teams will be a big time contender, Romo is definitely capable of leading either of them.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,504 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think he ends up in Denver. They did well with manning

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like to see him matched against his old team at least once

• travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Hmmm. L.A. Rams gots money. I don't think they oughta hitch their wagon to Jared Goff just yet. How about Tony Hollywood?? ;)

• travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Hold the phone! Da Bears just dumped Cutler! :o

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cutler may be headed to the Jets.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    edited March 9, 2017 2:25PM

I would bet Romo is headed to Mike High.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 9, 2017 2:44PM

Cutler gone, Jeffery gone

Top-five pick come to daddy! (again)

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:

Just so he heads somewhere!

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

I have ZERO doubts Romo will win a title before Prescott. It would be even sweeter if Romo beat the Cowboys in a Suoer Bowl

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

I have ZERO doubts Romo will win a title before Prescott. It would be even sweeter if Romo beat the Cowboys in a Suoer Bowl

mark

I have ZERO doubts that Romo will never win a playoff game much less a SB. He probably won't even make it through the season without breaking one of his glass collar bones!

edited March 13, 2017 8:34AM

It's too early to compare Dak to Romo, the way I see it is Romo has had a very good Cowboy Career but in my opinion has never shown that he is an " Elite" QB, I classify him in the same category as Stafford, Rivers, Cutler etc.. Dak could be in that same class or better or worse, no way to tell after just 1 Season

• PM770PM770 Posts: 320 ✭✭

I have ZERO doubts that Romo will never win a playoff game

I'm just going to leave this here:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201501040dal.htm

• PM770PM770 Posts: 320 ✭✭

@perkdog said:
    It's too early to compare Dak to Romo, the way I see it is Romo has had a very good Cowboy Career but in my opinion has never shown that he is an " Elite" QB, I classify him in the same category as Stafford, Rivers, Cutler etc.. Dak could be in that same class or better or worse, no way to tell after just 1 Season

Regarding Romo, I agree to some extent. But I would put him at the top of that "next step down from elite" class.

Regarding Dak, I completely agree. Way too soon to know what you have exactly. He could be great or he could be Mark Rypien. He did have all the pieces with a GREAT OL, a superb rookie RB with no miles on the tires, a game breaking WR and a wily vet possession TE.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

All the storied success of Dallas is in some way due to Jimmy Johnson and the Herschel Walker trade. They ran on fumes for a while after Jimmy went and somehow Jerry Jones got partial credit but there will never be an Elite anything on the Dallas cowboys until someone rubs out Jerry Jones.

Having lucked into fortune last year I don't doubt he will ruin Dak Prescott somehow .

If they hadn't rushed Romo back 2 or 3 times there would be no Dak Prescott anyway. Speaking of Romo , he is being treated poorly after Jerry Jones said he was going to do right by him. Doing right by him would have been to release him so he could be free to sign early while QB's were in the highest demand. Jerry the genius must think he can do better than save salary money , he is such a wizard he must think someone is going to send players or 1st round picks over also.

We can't forget that Romo hasn't played a full season since 2014, he is going to be 37. That isn't exactly the most sought after free agent QB situation, Jones is probably thinking he can get more than what Romo is actually worth, that's just Jones being a bussiness man first- a bad one but it is what it is.

The way things are going, maybe Romo remains in a Cowboys jersey after all. Jerry might have separation anxiety, lol.

Still a lot of stuff to be determined, Romo, Adrien Peterson, Jamal Charles, Cutler...Talk of Revis being a Patriot again

Not a doubt in my mind.....Dak is already better that Romo ever was! And Dak will only get better.

The big problem facing the Cowboys is free agency and salary cap.....HATE THEM BOTH!!!!

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dak 0-1

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

@Justacommeman said:
    Dak 0-1

mark

In 4 years or probably less Dak will surpass all of Romo's playoff numbers!

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:
    Dak 0-1

mark

Time will tell. They were #1 seed last season and couldn't get out of the first round.

I suppose that was Romo's fault, too, lol..

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:
    Dak 0-1

mark

Time will tell. They were #1 seed last season and couldn't get out of the first round.

I suppose that was Romo's fault, too, lol..

As I mentioned before....last years loss was due to coming out stale due to the bye week and giving GB too big a lead to over come...and still almost pulled it off. Anybody quarterbacking GB except Rodgers and those last 2 plays don't happen for GB.

edited April 5, 2017 5:00PM

Coming out stale due to the bye week? And giving up too many points early on? Bwaaaahaaa, that is pretty funny even for you, DM.

Maybe next time the NFL can also arrange for a lousier opposing QB, too, so that no late gamewinning drives happen, LOL!! I

@grote15 said:
    Coming out stale due to the bye week? And giving up too many points early on? Bwaaaahaaa, that is pretty funny even for you, DM.

Maybe next time the NFL can also arrange for a lousier opposing QB, too, so that no late gamewinning drives happen, LOL!! I

You can put a spin on anything!