Home Stamps Forum
Options

I restarted a modest "back of the book" stamp collection

OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

My 1965-1970 US stamp collection was long ago given away. It mostly comprised used stamps purchased from the usual "approval" dealers.

I'm familiar with the contraction of stamp collecting since I purchase stamps at discount for my business mail. Occasionally those ebay lots contain older commemoratives dating back to 1907 and air mail stamps dating back to 1935. No doubt many are recycled from the collections of collectors who have passed.

I squirrel away the occasional plate blocks and whole sheets of 1940's Air Mail stamps I have purchased for less than face. Now I am working on assembling collections of both Air Mail and Special Delivery stamps. Compared with coin collecting most of these issues cost little more than lunch money. Even the Graf Zepplin issues are looking modest in price when compared to 19th Century dated gold.

Comments

• Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭

I have just about everything, cancelled and non-cancelled issues from the back of the book, sans the Graf Zeppelins. Those I never pursued that set was always just a little bit too high.

Good luck in finding what you need.

Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen