Home U.S. Coin Forum

1979SBA "P" unique

I think its special please take a look and share your thoughts i could not find nay information on the series about what this coin shows me

Comments

• FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it's not
    an error coin of any type.

There is environmental damage to the surfaces of the coin,
    on both sides......corrosion, etc.

Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

Machine doubling on a Susan B. Anthony dollar coin. It is the more common "far date". Is there anything else that leads you to believe that this coin is special?

• Thanks guys like i said im fairly new to this stuff so i really am greatful for your knowledge

• AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭

Kealoshi1-
    Welcome the forum. This forum is a wonderful place to build your knowledge and foster a love of the hobby. Experts, novices, average collectors and everything in between inhabit this space. For example, in the very first response your question was answered by one of the foremost error coin experts in the country.

Enjoy!
    Andrew

Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 27, 2017 2:23PM

the little extra flat stuff around the letters is "machine doubling" and adds no value

the corrosion ensures you have $1 worth $1

it is unique, however, in a trivial way.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi and Welcome to School! I say school, because you'll not only be taught about coins but in many areas as well. Such as, in ethics, manners and in business. By your first thread, it seems to me you have an interest in error and/or Varieties? I too, am caught up in the error/ variety aspect of the game. It makes it more interesting and can be more profitable if you care to ever sell your coins? Remember, post often and don't be a stranger. Most importantly, have FUN! Once again, Welcome to Our Forum. -joey :)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome aboard :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Thanks man really cool of you everyone starts somewhere right awsome

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file