Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Most cost effective, safe way to send raw cards in Card Savers?

I have some cards I don't want to spend the money to grade and want to sell and someone may need or want them for their collection or set collecting. What have you guys found to be the fastest, most cost effective, safe method to pack and ship a single raw card in a Card Saver?

On the hunt high grade Star Basketball.

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Move it to a penny sleeve/toploader, tape the top and drop it in an envelope.

• Options
    fmclaug11fmclaug11 Posts: 325 ✭✭✭

I've recently mailed some cheaper baseball schedules using pre-printed thank-you cards. They give some decent rigidity while keeping it at a regular stamp for postage. Card in a penny sleeve would do fine as well I would think. Wouldn't send any Mantles this way, but for lower end cards/schedules/stubs I like this method. I ordered a set of 100 cards&envelopes (Wilton brand) on Amazon and I plan to use them for sending various things like that when it makes sense.

• Options
    prgsdwprgsdw Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 27, 2017 4:46PM

I've purchased some raw cards for 1960's sets from Greg Morris cards recently. They shipped them as follows - all of my orders were 10 cards or less:

Group the cards (they were card saver II's in this case, should work with card saver I's as well) and slide them into a graded card sleeve.
    Place the bundle between two pieces of cardboard.. Tape all 4 sides in the middle. (they used a wider, packaging tape)
    Place bundle into bubble mailer.

All of the cards in card saver II's arrived just fine. Hope that helps.

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

I usually send raw cards out in a penny sleeve & top loader with cardboard on both sides taped up on all 4 sides. I would imagine it would work the same with card savers.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)