Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    edited February 26, 2017 7:02PM

Check out eBay. Last set sold for $1.75 plus $2.50 shipping. That set looked like it was in NrMt/MT condition. I'd say yours is in Ex. If you are a Griffey Fan, nice set to have in your collection.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Wareagle1983Wareagle1983 Posts: 32
    edited February 26, 2017 7:11PM

Huge Griffey fan. I've always loved that set I get way more than a couple bucks joy every time I look at it

• Options
    OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

'Yalls'. Wasn't a good attempt at being a sleuth repeater . It almost reaches ultimate doof level. Try some more

• Options

What the hell did you say to me boy I from Alabama that's how I talk you don't like it stay the hell out of my forum

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

My goodness the forum has hit a new low. Why the attack Odd?

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options

I pm him the same thing. I just joined couple days ago. So I don't know what his deal. But I oplogize if I broke the rules but I be damn'd if I let someone come out of left field to insult me

• Options
    ergoismergoism Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

Has to be a troll right?

• Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Trolls deserve equal rights. And their own restroom.

• Options

That unlicensed oddball stuff is what I considered junk when I had a registry of Jr that contained more than 2,500 cards. I didn't avoid it because PSA wouldn't grade it; I avoided it because it belonged in my blue recycle can. If you like it, awesome.

• Options

Mmmk

• Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭

All printing plates destroyed? Nooooooooo!

• Options

Idiot

• Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

I know Doug and he is no idiot, sir. He may be terribly misguided due to being a Seahawks fan or just being outside in the rain for too long, but I can assure you that when it comes to brain matter, he possesses more than most of us. In fact, maybe more than most of us COMBINED. He also knows how to operate a digital camera and the peoples love his pictures. If it wasn't going to be so warm today, I'd wear a cardigan sweater over my Bikini Kill t-shirt in his honor.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OddRodz said:
    'Yalls'. Wasn't a good attempt at being a sleuth repeater . It almost reaches ultimate doof level. Try some more

I can't support Odd on this but I must admit I got a chuckle out of his usage of doof level.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Heh heh
    Me and eagle are best buds now after PMing some nonsense back and forth.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

@travis t said:
    I know Doug and he is no idiot, sir. He may be terribly misguided due to being a Seahawks fan or just being outside in the rain for too long, but I can assure you that when it comes to brain matter, he possesses more than most of us. In fact, maybe more than most of us COMBINED. He also knows how to operate a digital camera and the peoples love his pictures. If it wasn't going to be so warm today, I'd wear a cardigan sweater over my Bikini Kill t-shirt in his honor.

I'd highly recommend not taking a cursory glance at this post. I noticed 'my Bikini' and immediately felt one of my eyeballs becoming dislodged from its socket.

• Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry I apologize. Nice cards and good luck with your collection.

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭

Griffey collectors unite!

Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

I never really cared for the gold or silver shiny metallic cards. It was always too difficult to see what the image was. Even when I was eating three grand slam meals at Denny's, I never really liked them. It was also extremely difficult to pull clean copies with great corners. I own a Griffey PSA 8 that looks ok, but the 9's and 10's are tough to find. I think that fact alone makes them a collectible, that is trying to find those possible 10's. The price is certainly right. I think I paid $4 for my gold Bleachers Griff about 10-12 years ago.

CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets