Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Prices Realized no longer default sorting by recent date - anyone else seeing this?

nencoinnencoin Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭

Unless I'm mistaken, it appears that the PCGS auction archive has changed a little bit and listings are no longer sorting by the auction date as the default. They appear to be completely random, or perhaps sorted by the PCGS Coin ID (which of course is not helpful since it's the same coin number for any single view). To view the prices realized in order by the most recent, I now have to click the Date column twice, first to sort by oldest first then again to sort by the most recent first.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• Options
    yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 23, 2017 2:24PM

Yes, there was a thread on this a few days ago; it did not have the clearest title.
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/976429/new-pcgs-price-realized

• Options

Thanks, yosclimber. Before posting I did do a forum search for prices realized, but I see why I missed the first thread. I wanted to confirm others had the same issue before I tried contacting PCGS about it.

• Options
    coinnutcoinnut Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just click on the words "date" or "price" or "grade" and it will eventually sort the column the way you want it to.

• Options
    yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 24, 2017 1:56PM

Yes, clicking on [Date] will sort the auction price table, with oldest sale on top. Then clicking a second time will yield most recent sale on top.

However, it does not fix the problem with the Index page not being sorted by Date the coin was Minted.
    The Index page is "mostly" sorted by minted date, but not completely.
    This will lead some folks (like myself) to think that the date, mint mark or variety is no longer on the Index page.

• Options
    joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried starting a thead on this as well. While the fix is a simple couple of clicks- it used to automatically be sorted and was much easier to use.

may the fonz be with you...always...
  • Options

They have fixed the default sort order. Unfortunately, there are still a lot of kinks. Prices realized for certain PCGS coin numbers are not showing. Can someone please try to look up APR's for a proof red 1950 Lincoln Cent (not Cameo or Deep Cameo)? The coin number is 3359.

The only way I am able to retrieve prices for 3359 is via CoinFacts.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file