Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What's your prediction? 1974 Topps Action Emblem Stickers

I'm impatiently awaiting my sub to pop, so what do you think will happen?

The 1974 Topps Action Emblem Stickers came in three varieties (Cloth, Cardboard, Glossy). The Standard Catalog only mentions Cloth and Cardboard. PSA has only graded 5 of these (4 cardboard, 1 cloth). I submitted a complete set of the Glossy version. Before I did so I emailed customer service asking them if they would grade them, but I never got a response. I included the notes from the blog below to show them the evidence that the Glossy do actually exist.

So do you think they will grade mine and add Glossy to the pop report?
Return them ungraded?

toppsarchives.blogspot.com/2008/09/topps-action-emblems.html

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

N9: No Spec Info

Good thing about that one is there's no charge (except return shipping fees). Hopefully, I'm wrong and they get graded, labeled glossy, and the variation is added to the pop report.

• Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭

The "cardboard" wording in the guide is misleading. The stickers came two ways. They came as a cloth sticker with a thin tan paper backing, or they came on a clean smooth "glossy" white paper stock with a slightly thicker white paper stock backing. They look like the 67 Red Sox and Pirates Stickers, except the Action Emblems have a white paper stock backing. The "cardboard" confusion is because there were thicker stock proof sheets cut up years later to make regular type "cards" to sell to team collectors. So there are Proofs, Cloth Stickers, and whatever you want to call the smooth "glossy" paper sticker ones.

• Options
    TomTimTomTim Posts: 152 ✭✭✭

Crap

N9: NOT GRADED No Spec Info, No Grade, No Charge