Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

First 1998 FB, then 2000 FB, which is the next modern FB year to blow up?

1998 FB had a spike when Manning went to Denver. 2000 FB (w/Brady) went nuts after the recent Super Bowl win. Which year (pre-2016) do you think will pop next?

I'm betting on 2004 Football. The big 4 - Big Ben, Eli, Rivers, and Fitz - are all first ballot HOFers and 2 of them are still on very competitive teams. They are all reaching the end of their careers, so I expect some media hype as they get their final send off.

I think the usual suspects are the top buys - Topps Chrome, SP Authentic, Contenders, Bowman Chrome, and Finest. SP Authentic and Contenders are usually top RCs from those year, however they also have the largest autograph checklists of all of the products. So I think pulling one of the key RCs would be very difficult even with 3-4 autos per box. The hidden gem maybe Finest. You get one hit per mini box (3 per box), either a jersey or an autograph. There are only 27 rookie autos and 7 jerseys (which includes Tom Brady), so the odds of hitting a nice card are pretty good.

2004 was also the year I learned about Paypal Buyer Protection. I pre-ordered a 2004 Playoff Contenders FB case from Larry Rosselli cards and he never delivered. I got my money back from Paypal but that didn't help the burn once I saw boxes skyrocket as soon as they hit the street.

Mike

Comments