Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

what card do you own the most copies of?? and why?

OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
edited February 21, 2017 5:23PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Before this post my #1 card was 1983 Ron Kittle fleer and I have about 500 or so. I have always loved multiples of the same card. Kittle was the stud ROY in 83 and was the "it" card to own and actually jump started my lifelong love of baseball cards. I now buy up lots of the card and 83 fleer Cello packs with him showing. Today I got a purchase of about 1000 Eric Lindros score rookies. This card was the holy grail in 1990 and I only ever owned 1 and I traded a Donruss Clemens rookie for it that was my favorite card at the time but the hype around Lindros was he was like the Mantle of hockey. Anyway, even though these cards aren't worth very much, they mean a lot to me and make me feel like I am 14 again when I look at them.

Comments

• Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭

woah.

• Options
    GrimsterGrimster Posts: 286 ✭✭✭

For me it's the 1991 Pacific Nolan Ryan "bloody lip" card. I don't know why, but I love this card. I have a signed 8x10 that my wife bought me from his foundation years ago with the same photo. A few years back I bought a lot that had several copies. I think Im up to around 300 or so. I don't go out of my way to find more, but this is the card that I have several hundred of

I have also busted numerous boxes of 1993 Topps series 1. For some reason a few years ago I was quasi-obsessed with the set and have accumulated many boxes and busted open several more. Because of that I have over 30 Jeter rookies sitting there in top loaders. I've gotten a few graded and have 3 or 4 PSA 10's in the base and a couple PSA 10's in the gold.

Other than those I really dont have that many "dupes" in my collection. Only others I can think of off the top of my head are that I have a handful of 1990 Score Bo Jacksons (baseball/football) and a couple graded 68 Ryan rookies.

• Options
    BenG76BenG76 Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Well I hoard a couple of players pretty much any card I can get. To give you an idea I probably have over 9000 Fred McGriff cards of which I have a little over 1400 different. I looked at my list and I have a three way tie for cards I have the most of. Looks like I have 255 each of these. 1988 Donruss, 1988 Topps and 1993 Topps.

I buy a good bit of lots of McGriff. I also collect/hoard Orel Hershiser and Deion Sanders as well, but not to the extent of Fred McGriff. Maybe I will hit 1000 copies of a card before to long.

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 22, 2017 5:03AM

I have 37 or 38 of each of these cards. I just kept buying them and since both are dead I didn't really sell many to collectors looking to get them signed. Honorable mention is the Andre and I have 26 or 27.

photo kerry 10293_zpscffncnds.jpg

photo Brodyfront011_zpszuatgdyb.jpg

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

In the old days I recall having 1988 Score and Donruss Jay Buhner's much like that Eric Lindros pile up above. Buhner being a Yankee prospect, big power. Then the trade to the Mariners I thought he would be a 50 HR guy in the Dome. Welp, nope. :D These days, not so much as far as volume. Got 4 copies, all graded, of Lawrence Taylor's 1982 Topps RC. No 10's, got a PSA 9, PSA 8 and SGC and BGS 8's(or 88's). He's the reason I became a UNC fan many, many moons ago now. And I've stuck with him B)

• Options
    muffinsmuffins Posts: 469 ✭✭✭

most likely the 54 aaron.

although technically it could be considered the 71 nicklaus for now!

• Options
    SirLurksALotSirLurksALot Posts: 119 ✭✭
    edited February 22, 2017 1:31PM

You should look up OneFastTalon's posts. There's pics of his Sabo hoards.

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

I own about 500 1996 Bowman Ben Petrick RC. Yeah, that was a good choice

On the flip side, I own nearly 600 Peyton Manning Rookie cards and another 1200-1500 singles

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

1989 Donruss #33 griffey jr. About 80 or 90.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

I have 31 Derek Jeter rookies no sp though with a lot of 1993 boxes and sets.

But the most I have is of Bryce Harper. I have 240 graded cards with almost all Psa 10's with a couple of Autos and waiting on an auto redeption.
    :)
    Joe

• Options
    BenG76BenG76 Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

@SirLurksALot said:
    You should look up OneFastTalon's posts. There's pics of his Sabo hoards.

I remember him. I think he hooked me up with a 91 Ultra Gold Sabo PSA 10 to help me finish the set.

• Options
    AstrodomeAstrodome Posts: 35
    edited February 22, 2017 7:18PM

I have 4,492 52 Mantles. They're the rare ones that don't say reprint on the back.

• Options
    EldoEsqEldoEsq Posts: 73 ✭✭✭

Have about 1000 1989 Topps Monty Farriss'...oy vey...

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

1500 87 topps Bo Jackson and 500 87 topps Will Clark.

Why? They were supposed to make me rich but thus far have not done so.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭

At one point I had 4 Jordan fleer rookies and around 14 1987 fleer Jordan's. I have since sold two of the rookies and about half of the 87 Jordan's.
    I did quite well with Jordan.

• Options

I think I had 500 1990 score scott coopers and 500 90 score carlos quintanas

• Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

'91 Topps Roger Clemens. Just a cool looking card. Very unique at the time that it was released.

• Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

I ended up with about 850 1990 Topps Kevin Tapani. I picked up a 800 card set box full of just that Tapani looking for the blackless variation.

Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@saucywombat said:
    I ended up with about 850 1990 Topps Kevin Tapani. I picked up a 800 card set box full of just that Tapani looking for the blackless variation.

Did you find any?

• Options
    Halos2002Halos2002 Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

1992 Topps Steve Avery. I have about 300 cards...

• Options

Ten 1987 Donruss Greg Maddux PSA 10s .. not sure why.

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options

Ten 1987 Donruss Greg Maddux PSA 10s .. not sure why.

love that card, great color, love the Bo Jackson from that set as well

• Options

100 89-90 Fleer Reggie Lewis 100 89-90 Hoops Reggie Lewis..RIP

Back in the hobby after hibernating for many years... Collector from the overproduced years of 1986+
  • Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

@saucywombat said:

That's a negative ghost rider... the pattern is full

Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    edited February 25, 2017 1:51PM

The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

1986 Donruss Highlights Bo Jackson here. Bought a bunch of boxes hunting for the white letter printing issue.

The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26, 2017 11:41AM

I may have acquired a few larger lots of a couple semistars that I don't remember and are stashed away in boxes. I know I ended up buying some 500-1000 lots of players in the past.

I purposefully bought a lot of a player on speculation only once. I believe it was 100 copies and was a Kay Bee Ernie Riles card. I liked the look and they were cheap.

I have several Steve Garvey lots in excess of 100 cards, maybe as high as 200-300 in the 79 or 87 years due to larger lots I specifically bought for cheap.

The one card that I have collected on and off to see how many copies I could get is the 71 Topps Garvey. This is the only card of real value that I have a large quantity of. At last count I was approaching 100 copies and may have exceeded that by now. If I see any that are decent condition, under $10 delivered and am in the buying mood at the time, I will often take a shot. Because of the cost of this card, I don't actively buy and this is more of a very long and slow process to add copies.

Why? He was my favorite player and this was the card to have (although the 72 T was worth more at times). I don't know why I didn't stop at a couple copies and still really have no other reason besides it is a rookie card of a strong player.

Here is a shot when I was at 60.

[URL=http://s9.photobucket.com/user/mrmopar/media/My Collection/STEVE GARVEY STUFF/rookie.jpg.html][IMG]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/mrmopar/My Collection/STEVE GARVEY STUFF/rookie.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Options
    royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

I have at least a few hundred 1992 Bowman George Brett cards. Just because.

Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have about 400 1987 mattinglys

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭
    edited February 28, 2017 7:38AM

Once had an 800 count box stuffed full with 1991 Upper Deck Mark Lewis rookie cards. Closer to 1000 of them, I think. They were part of a large consignment haul I did over 12 years ago. They sat in a storage closet for several years and gradually devalued from 5 cents down to 3 cents, then 2, then 1, then a ruble, then a kopeck. When I tried to return them to the consignor, he chased me away from his property with a water pistol and a cream pie, so I threw them on his neighbor's front lawn in a doggy bag.

• Options

a couple more of mine that were within arms reach 400 Roenick RC's and 375 86 Ryans

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got quite a few of these for some reason....

• Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

Wow bricks and bricks of 87 Topps Larkins...you my friend are a true collector lol...

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options

This is 3200 1984 Ron Kittles, I have about 2-300 more as well.

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow; I doubt Ron Kittle has that many Ron Kittles.

• Options

Wow; I doubt Ron Kittle has that many Ron Kittles.

I bet he doesn't even want that many. I would be shocked to learn if someone has more 83-84 Ron Kittle cards than me.. lol

• Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Once upon a time, I had maybe 25-30 Larry Johnson(football player, not the basketball dude) 2003 Bowman. He was gonna be huge! LOL

Now, it's probably a 1991 Upper Deck common. I opened a crap-ton of that stuff back in the day. Still have a 5000 ct box of that stuff.

I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

@OAKESY25 said:
    This is 3200 1984 Ron Kittles, I have about 2-300 more as well.

Dear Lord!! :o

I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options

@ChiefsFan1st said:
    Once upon a time, I had maybe 25-30 Larry Johnson(football player, not the basketball dude) 2003 Bowman. He was gonna be huge! LOL

Now, it's probably a 1991 Upper Deck common. I opened a crap-ton of that stuff back in the day. Still have a 5000 ct box of that stuff.

Those running backs are scary investments, ain't they? A big season and one injury or they lose a step and pfft.

• Options

@new again collector said:

@Astrodome said:
    I have 4,492 52 Mantles. They're the rare ones that don't say reprint on the back.

Great, so you could part with just one then? I'm looking for a GEM 10 Mantle to complete my '52 set. Name your price...

No, you won't stop me from cornering the market and ruling the world!