Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Adding non-PCGS or Raw coins to a Showcase?

Why does PCGS restrict the available items for a showcase to only PCGS graded coins? These are non-competitive sets, what's the problem?

PCGS, listen up! #AllCoinsMatter

Comments

• Options
    MattTheRileyMattTheRiley Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

No discussion?

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have tried to get this also. It would be nice.

• Options

@DIMEMAN What steps have you taken in your attempts to have this feature realized?

• Options

I ran it by BJ a year or so ago and they said no. Maybe if you ask and they realize that more than one person wants it....they would rethink it.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought that it was an allowable, but I just tried, and sure enough it is asking for a certification number.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options

I have some coins I want to add to my graded Morgan type set showcase that, if I could have them slabbed by PCGS, I would, but due to the nature of the coin, they will never be allowed in a PCGS holder.

One is a 1902-O Micro O VAM-3 in an old white ANACS slab. This coin, along with various other micro O varieties have been found to be "privately made"; a euphemism for counterfeit. I would like to add this coin along with a similarly graded example of an actual Micro O varieity - 1899-O VAM-6, also in an old white ANACS slab.

Another coin I want to add to my showcase is the recently minted 1964-D fantasy over-strike created by Dan Carr.

I think the digital album feature is a really great thing, I just wish I could put all my coins in it!

• Options

Ok, I just emailed PCGS registry help. Let's cross our fingers!

• Options

I also would like this feature. I have several ANACS and NGC coins I want to add to my showcase. Why allow us to put in inventory but not enter into non-competitive sets or showcases.

• Options

Got a response from PCGS the other day, doesn't look good, at this time. :'( :

Hello,

I was trying to add non-PCGS coins to my showcase and can't. Is that a feature you plan on implementing in the near future? I understand not having raw or other TPG coins in the competitive registry sets, but, if you allow adding non-PCGS coins to my inventory, why not allow them to be added to my showcase, so I can make a digital album with them?

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt,

Non-PCGS graded coins are not eligible for inclusion in the competitive or Showcase sets. We allow members, like yourself, to add them to inventory so that one can view his/her entire inventory safely and in one place.

At this time, we do not have any plans on allowing non-PCGS graded coins in the Showcase sets.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Thank you.
    Cosetta Robbins
    Set Registry Manager
    Collectors Universe Inc.
    (800) 325-1121 ext #148
    (949) 567-1311 fax

• Options

Would be nice.......but I don't think it will ever happen.