Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Need Some Information

So my dad showed this to me today. My grandmother passed in 09 and left this to him he's not sure what it is or what it's worth or even if it's real for that matter. He asked me to find out what I can for him, so I asking here

Comments

• Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2017 5:40PM

You have a reproduction often sold as a souvenir at museums, battlefield gift shops, etc. While it has no collector value, it is an interesting and attractive design, as it is a replica of a Civil War era Virginia state issued Treasury note.

One way to confirm that these notes are reproductions is that the signatures are printed in the same ink as the rest of the note, rather than added by hand.

• Options

@Staircoins said:
    You have a reproduction often sold as a souvenir at museums, battlefield gift shops, etc. While it has no collector value, it is an interesting and attractive design, as it is a replica of a Civil War era Virginia state issued Treasury note.

One way to confirm that these notes are reproductions is that the signatures are printed in the same ink as the rest of the note, rather than added by hand.

Thank you I had no idea what it was