Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Indianapolis 500 Items

Are there any collectors of racing items on this board? I have a set of used race flags, all signed by the 2012 winner, Dario Franchitti. Just curious if they have any value or if anyone collects items like this.

If wrong forum just tell me so.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2017 1:05PM

I dabble a bit, having gone to the 500 many times in my youth. A couple favs...

Earliest Indy 500 card I've been able to find at the bottom (1931 Ogden's Motor Races set).

Foyt will always be my favorite driver

I haven't heard of auto'd flag collectors for racing, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. I've seen several Nascar collectors on the forum here so maybe they could assist with any premium for signed flags above a generic auto.

• Options

Those are awesome cards. I have been to all of the different races at Indy over the years. Maybe not always the best racing but you can't beat the history and nostalgia.

Here is a photo of the flags. Not something I would sell but just have no idea if they have any value. Was just curious. All flags were used in the race and each one is signed by Dario.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Checking eBay, it doesn't look like Dario autos sell for much, about $10 ea. I'd guess around $150 for the whole set. Sweet display piece!