Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Chris Webber, Tracy McGrady, Sid Moncrief, Tim Hardaway headline 2017 Basketball Hall of Fame

pauldrolkeespauldrolkees Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
edited February 18, 2017 10:56AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/gallery/hall-of-fame-finalists-basketball-naismith-chris-webber-tracy-mcgrady-tim-hardaway-021817

ex NBA players who made it to finalists

Tim Hardaway
Tracy McGrady
Sidney Moncrief
Chris Webber

Comments

• Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭

All deserving. I hope they all get in.

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hardaway doesn't seem to get as much recognition as other all time point guards

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Been a long time in waiting for Super Sid, hope he makes it in.

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Webber? Really?

• Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

Yes. If Ralph Sampson is in, CWebb is more than deserving.

• Options

It took Bernard King 20 years to make it in....Tracy McGrady should not make it in faster than a much better player.

• Options
    vols1vols1 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

Seems like they are running out of players to put in the HOF.

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

I never went to the arena thinking "Oh boy, Tim Hardaway is playing tonight". The others all had periods where you would have said that. Those early 80's Bucks teams are the best of the 80's not to win a title. Moncrief is long overdue.

• Options

Good group. I'd support all of them.

• Options
    cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VitoCo1972 said:
    I never went to the arena thinking "Oh boy, Tim Hardaway is playing tonight". The others all had periods where you would have said that. Those early 80's Bucks teams are the best of the 80's not to win a title. Moncrief is long overdue.

Oh, those early-mid 1980's Bucks teams of my youth. Seven straight division titles from '79-80 through '85-86. Marques, Sidney, Winters, Lanier, Coach Nelson and the cozy MECCA. But in the end if it wasn't Philadelphia it was Boston. Great teams that could never get over the hump.

Jeff

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GDM67 said:
    Yes. If Ralph Sampson is in, CWebb is more than deserving.

Important to remember that the HOF includes college, high school, international, whatever. Sampson is in for being an all-time great college player.

• Options

True. I think Chris' case is something of a composite, as well.

• Options

All four are questionable. Each has a player that is very comparable to them that is not in the HoF currently

Tim Hardaway (Kevin Johnson, Mo Cheeks, Mark Price)
    Chris Webber (Shawn Kemp, Jack Sikma, Maurice Lucas, Buck Williams, Tom Chambers)
    Tracy McGrady/Sidney Moncrief (Mark Aguirre, George McGinnis)

• Options

To me, that suggests more that some of those other guys are HOFers as well.