Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Soviet Chinese pickups

coffeycecoffeyce Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
edited February 17, 2017 11:23PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

The original soviet chinese coins dont arise for sale that often and not cheap when they do. I was able to get both of these pieces from the same seller. They had restrikes in 1960.

1932 1 cent DDO (mainly top three characters)

1932 5 cents (some slight corrosion)

Comments

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are pretty cool - thanks for sharing! Are there many counterfeits of this series?

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are neat

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2017 8:35AM

@TwoKopeiki said:
    Those are pretty cool - thanks for sharing! Are there many counterfeits of this series?

im afraid so there are many as with anything Chinese with value they copy the heck out of it.

the first of these soviet pieces surfaced in 1931 when the republic was still in control (They did have restrikes appear in 1960 after communism was in control). they only lasted about 2 years. then after the communist rose up and defeated the ruling party the country changed to communism.

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are the DDO only with the original issues or do the restrikes and counterfeits typically have them, too?

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options

@TomB said:
    Are the DDO only with the original issues or do the restrikes and counterfeits typically have them, too?

I havent seen any others with the ddo. The counterfeits are to neat with perfect rims generally

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of the recruiting benefits was that the communists paid their soldiers in coin, with larger denominations in silver. The Nationalists did not, they paid in worthless paper money.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21