Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

WTB: these two tokens from Heritage sale

Hey gang,
There were two lots of tokens from the current Heritage sale, in which I am interested in only two tokens. The lots exceed what I am willing to pay, however the ones I want are not popular pieces and I assume that someone is buying the lots for other pieces and potential resale. If you are the buyer and are willing to sell these two Merriam tokens, please PM me.
Thanks!
From lot 4266:

From lot 4268:

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
"Coin collecting for outcasts..."

Comments

• Options
    TLeverageTLeverage Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

Not the buyer, but these are ex-Newman, correct? Part of one of the large deaccessioning group lots that the Newman Numismatic Foundation has consigned to the Long Beach Sale. A lot of interesting material, and apparently untouched for some time.

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, there were quite a few lots of interesting material from his collection (all in paper envelopes) that went for strong money. I just wanted these two, so I couldn't justify paying big $ for the rest of them, hoping to resell and recoup funds. With the prices realized, I cant imagine much profit to be turned.
    If anyone sees these pop up in a dealer's inventory, I sure would appreciate a heads up.
    Thanks again!

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    EXOJUNKIEEXOJUNKIE Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 22, 2017 9:41AM

These lots went for CRAZY money! I was interested in a few but wouldn't even consider playing at that price. Nice tokens ... hope you're able to track them down. Good luck!

I'm addicted to exonumia ... it is numismatic crack!

ANA LM

USAF Retired — 34 years of active military service! 🇺🇸