Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1991 Bowman Thome- huge quantity... grade or not?

I bought 'bricks' of the 91 Bowman Thome back in the late 90's. I graded hundreds 10-15 years ago I guess but still have over 1,000 of them and they are all mint. I am not a big grader so trying to decide if I should go through the process and submit a large number of them or sell them off raw. Just getting thoughts from others

Comments

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Recent sales: 10 mint raw $19, PSA 10 $54-75, PSA 9 will get your grading fees back + a couple bucks

I would be selective, but submit any you think are lock 9s with a shot at a 10. Any way you do it, it's going to take a long time to unload that many and maximize profit.

• orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16, 2017 8:56AM

It would be worth it to grade the best ones. 10s now go for $40-50 usually. I wouldn't be surprised if they went up to around $75 consistently after his induction, possibly next year. Like said above, grade the best, 9s will get the fees back and any 10s will be pure profit.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Hi Ed!

• olb31olb31 Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would try for a BGS 10. Just my opinion.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • FirstBeardFirstBeard Posts: 459 ✭✭✭

Just curious, what did you wind up paying per card on average when you bought them? Hopefully you are way ahead...
    I say post scans of them all so we can help pick winners ;)

• VintagemanEdVintagemanEd Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Too long ago to remember but I want to think it was around $2 per card at the most

• Yikes