Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

WHAT IS THE MOST WORTHLESS CARD U HAVE EVER SUBMITTED PART 1

lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 14, 2017 11:23AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe this is the first (and perhaps still only) rooster fighting card ever submitted....

Guessing there's not much of a market if I ever decide to part with it.

• Options
    ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

This has floated around for a while. I don't know who the subber was on this item, but whoever it was, wins by a landslide...

• Options

Missing a surface wrinkle when shooting for 80s low pop commons is a mistake you don't want to make too often...

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't even know where to start with this one. I sent it in to be graded hoping for a 10 so that I could officially have the best copy of the worst Sabres card ever produced. Mission accomplished. I even wrote in the note section of the submission for the grader to only grade the card and not me for subbing it.

In 2005 the Sabres colors were black, red, and white. They put him in a blue throw back. And a bootleg version too. He's wearing another team's helmet and practice socks as well. He also had on the wrong color gloves.

Overall how a company could put this card out and have their name on it is beyond me. Someone should have gotten canned.

Kevin

• Options
    mrpeanut39mrpeanut39 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

@LOTSOS said:
    I don't even know where to start with this one. I sent it in to be graded hoping for a 10 so that I could officially have the best copy of the worst Sabres card ever produced. Mission accomplished. I even wrote in the note section of the submission for the grader to only grade the card and not me for subbing it.

In 2005 the Sabres colors were black, red, and white. They put him in a blue throw back. And a bootleg version too. He's wearing another team's helmet and practice socks as well. He also had on the wrong color gloves.

Overall how a company could put this card out and have their name on it is beyond me. Someone should have gotten canned.

But, if you give him a pair of horn rims, he could pass as a Hanson brother.

"I think the guy must be practicing voodoo or something. Check out his eyes. Rico's crazier than a peach orchard sow." -- Whitey Herzog, Spring Training 1973
  • Options
    totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2017 6:39PM

I try to block out those days of early subbing, haha. Especially with vintage commons I thought could be a 6 or 7, and it came back a 2.5 or 3. Ouch.

This is a fun thread tho. Reminds you that everyone's been there.

• Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

From my most recent submission. Just popped this morning. As you can see by the names, I was not submitting cards looking for a solid NM card, and certainly wasn't hoping for a VG-EX Butch Metzger, LOL. I guess you win some and you lose some, as at least I hit a 10 on the 77 I subbed. I will be interested to see what fatal flaw I missed that caused Metzger to land in a 4 holder.
    10 1 26818207 MINT 9 1978 Topps 150 Bobby Bonds Card
    11 1 26818208 VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1978 Topps 431 Butch Metzger Card
    12 1 26818209 GEM MINT 10 1977 Topps 80 Andy Messersmith Card

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options

Nice Spanky Lavalliere card... who in their right mind

• Options
    OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Question on the Lavalliere card. Is not the rule of qualifiers that all of them lower the card rating by two grades as far as the Set registry goes ? If so, the owner of this card, if he started a master Mike Lavalliere Registry Set, and just added this card, could be the first human on the earth to own a Registry Set with a negative GPA weighted average.

Could start a whole new twist with people then wanting to beat that negative average with an even worse negative average.

• Options

Sadly, for registry purposes negatives are not possible...

3Q = -1
    2Q = -1
    1Q & 1.5Q = no deduction

4s and up are all -2

• Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

The most worthless card I've submitted is a 1996 Pinnacle Foil No. 289 Bob Hamelin PSA 8.

The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18, 2017 8:56AM

I do this on a regular basis. I am collecting all the Topps Rookie Cup catcher winners from the 1960 Topps cards up and have them all dual graded for card and auto. This may be the winner so far as far as low grade on both card and auto. But it's a POP 1!!!!

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

For $25 to get that done we may have a winner

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Dudes..... it's in the big spastic holder PSA did for a bit when the game used craze came upon us. What you see pictured has absolute zero value on this earth.

• Options

@OddRodz said:

Dudes..... it's in the big spastic holder PSA did for a bit when the game used craze came upon us. What you see pictured has absolute zero value on this earth.

i love that card.... PSA 5 lmao