Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Comments

• Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha....that's interesting.

There are some really weird NCLT coins out there. Christmas trees, Easter eggs, guitars, cars, etc. This one is a bit on the "creepy/morbid" side, but I'm sure someone will like it.

-Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

I dunno. Pseudo-Coins manufactured for a pseudo country by a private company ten thousand miles away, in which said pieces will never be seen, let alone circulate, are just too far outside my realm of interest to be worth owning.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options

Very macabre, how in the world do you even grade that thing?

"A rich man is nothing but a poor man with money." - W. C. Fields
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RTScott1978 said:

bone structure, die breaks, post mortem toning..trust me there are many ways.

• Options
    CIVITASCIVITAS Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭

@marcmoish said:

@RTScott1978 said:

bone structure, die breaks, post mortem toning..trust me there are many ways.

Phrenology?

https://www.civitasgalleries.com

New coins listed monthly!

Josh Moran

CIVITAS Galleries, Ltd.
  • Options
    PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not my thing- skulls are trendy it seems; so, I'm sure quite a few would rather like this on a chain to wear than in a slab.

• Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭

@Weiss said:
    I dunno. Pseudo-Coins manufactured for a pseudo country by a private company ten thousand miles away, in which said pieces will never be seen, let alone circulate, are just too far outside my realm of interest to be worth owning.

Agree!

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭✭✭

Headhunters?

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Weiss said:

Yes!!

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

Given how long skull designs have been a fad in the hobo nickel carving community (and one that has "jumped the shark"*, in my opinion) I'm rather surprised that the makers of NCLT did not jump on this particular bandwagon sooner.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    CollectorBonEZCollectorBonEZ Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭

This set is in the registry now. Though it is not complete as it says in the title there are actually 12 total Palau Skull Coins to date starting with the (not included in the set) 2010 Memento Mori Carpe Diem silver proof coin, 2016 Year of the Monkey Lunar Skull Coin BU silver, 2016 Year of the Monkey Lunar Skull Proof silver, 2017 $25 Big Skull 1/2 kilo silver, 2018 $25 Big Pirate Skull 1/2 kilo silver, and the 2018 $200 Blackbeard 1 oz gold.

• Options
    WCCWCC Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭✭✭

Couldn't see a picture in the link but wouldn't want it anyway. My recollection is that CRO had a few skull themed tokens (now sold) earlier this year. Those were kind of neat.

• Options
    CRH4LIFECRH4LIFE Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭

Neat 😃

• Options
    numismagramnumismagram Posts: 146 ✭✭✭

We have skull & skeleton-themed medals in stock from time to time, ranging from the 17th-20th centuries, so if anyone is interested in these types, give our inventory a look.

Jeremy Bostwick

For exceptional works of medallic art, check out our current inventory at Numismagram!