Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Jimmy Garoppolo Sweepstakes - Which city is best for his hobby profile?

ndleondleo Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jimmy's cards have roughly increased 200% since the Nov 2016. Ungraded autos are in the $25-$40 range, sometimes higher for low serial numbered. It looks like the hype machine is in full gear. It looks like 3 teams have a shot since I don't think the Pats are going to send him to their own division (Jets or Bills).

1) Cleveland Browns
2) Chicago Bears
3) San Francisco 49ers
or No Trade
4) New England Patriots

Short-term I think the Bears would provide the biggest hype spike since he is a local boy and the Bears have a huge fan base. However I think the Patriots may provide the best long-term upside if Brady retires within the next 2 years,

I hope he doesn't go to Cleveland since that is where QBs go to die,

Mike

Comments

• Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

I hope we ie the pats keep him and don't worry, the GOAT is not going to retire in two years--five maybe but not two!! :)B)

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

I would not spend money on his cards. Reference matt flynn and others along thr same path. Unless he is in josh d
    Mcd's system he will be average to stinky.

• Options

From an offensive point of view, the 49ers would be the best spot. Garoppolo looked a lot like Matt Ryan in the Dolphins game before he got hurt.

Anywhere but Cleveland.

Mike
  • Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

The Chicago Bears do not currently possess the front office acumen necessary to recruit wholesale quality talent. Sad, but true. Until Jay Cutler rides into Lake Michigan on his scowling smirk, no other QB will want to withstand such abuse in a cold, depressing football world.

• Options

@travis t said:
    The Chicago Bears do not currently possess the front office acumen necessary to recruit wholesale quality talent. Sad, but true. Until Jay Cutler rides into Lake Michigan on his scowling smirk, no other QB will want to withstand such abuse in a cold, depressing football world.

As a Lions fans, I can sympathize with you. They lucked into Stafford after gallantly going 0-16 in 2008. They had the #2 defense in 2014 and promptly let 4 of the 5 defensive linemen leave via free agency. Good decision making all around.

Mike
  • Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

Seems like a flashback to the much hyped Matt Cassell - who was the last Patriot's backup worth a king's ransom.

No way Garoppolo is as valuable as ESPN has him made up to be. (ala Browns trading 12th pick in the 1st)

Every QB looks unbeatable in that system.

2nd + 4th tops.

Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options

I actually think Bill doesn't want a #1 pick for Jimmy. I think he would rather have a 2nd round and a couple of 3rd or 4th round picks.

The Pats average 10 picks a year and I think they are at 7 picks in this years draft, they want quantity.

Mike
  • Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭

No way he stays. Pats don't pay for backups. Buyer beware as stated because he probably will look like crap under another system/coordinator.

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options

Niners

Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle