Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

FSHO: 1935 Cuba peso, ANACS 62, and a few raw post-war Cuban silver

In an effort to reduce the number of coins in my overly complicated collection, I would like to sell the 1935 Cuba ABC peso, ANACS 62, in the photo attached.

I also have 5 raw Cuban silver coins. Three are no-question-about-it BU: 1948 10c, 1952 20c commem, and a pretty toned 1953 Jose Marti 25c. The other two - 1952 10c and 20c commems - are borderline unc. (Pix are available for all 5.) Finally, I have an absolutely gorgeous 1953 Jose Marti that, sadly, has a scratch below the "A" in Cuba, which resulted in NGC giving it a grade of "UNC Details, Rev Scratched." Here are photos:

Heritage sold an NGC equivalent of the ABC peso in December for $300 (before the commission). I am asking $265. The Marti peso is $50 in UNC; I am looking for $40. The 5 raw coins catalogue for around $100; I'd like $40. For anyone taking all seven coins, the price would be $325.

Thanks for looking and please send me a PM if you are interested.

Comments

• Options
    gscoinsgscoins Posts: 288 ✭✭✭

So, the lack of PMs suggests to me that my prices may be off. I would certainly entertain any reasonable offers! Thanks for looking.

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice Cubans. Lack of PM's could also mean that we don't have Cuba collectors around. I, for one, really like the first Peso but it's way outside of my collecting interests..

• Options

Not to get too far off-topic, but I did try to list the two graded coins on Ebay a while back (not specifically using the word "Cuba"), only to be told Ebay doesn't allow Cuban coins to be sold and thus Ebay deleted them. The really frustrating thing for me was that one could find lots of Cuban coins listed on Ebay (again, not using the word "Cuba") and Ebay was taking no action to delete them! I just took a look at the "sold" listings for "Other North and Central Am Coins" and saw several 1935 pesos like mine that were sold...

Anyway, if there is a collector of Cuban coins out there, please feel free to make an offer for any or all...

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Caribbean silver peso is how I've listed them or US minted peso . the kicker is paypal , don't use the word cuba in any paypal invoice or request for money it will get your account locked

• Options

TTT for one last time. Thanks for looking.

• Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are nice coins! I especially like the design on the 35.

K

ANA LM
  • Options

Thanks to all for your interest. These seven coins have been sold!