Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Potential value of a 1/1 card

Hi everybody! I'm new to this here site, but not to collecting. I was lucky enough to pull a 2016 Bowman Platinum Victor Robles 1/1 Black auto, and was hoping someone could give me an idea of what its potentially worth. Ideally I would place it on Ebay with a fixed price, but if there are better venues I'd love to hear about them. So, thanks in advance and away we go...

Cheers,
Dan

Comments

• Trying to add pic...

• alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭

PM sent

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

May want to go to blowoutcards forums...lots of modern collectors there that may be able to assist in values for modern 1/1 stuff

• miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

In order to gauge value, you could also consider either putting it up for auction with a much-too-high reserve and see where the bids take it; or, you could list it as buy-it-now with again a too-high BIN and accept best offers, and see if anything rolls in that way. Both of these types of listings would equate to a situation where the perception was that you weren't actually trying to sell, but rather making an attempt to assess market value.

• ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭

The 1/1 market no longer holds the fascination it once did because there are so many now. Most 1/1 are not even true 1/1's because the exact same card can be found with different numbering. I thought I had a true 1/1 until I found the exact same card could be found numbered to 10, 25 etc. To me that is not a true 1/1.

• LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ElvisP said:
    The 1/1 market no longer holds the fascination it once did because there are so many now. Most 1/1 are not even true 1/1's because the exact same card can be found with different numbering. I thought I had a true 1/1 until I found the exact same card could be found numbered to 10, 25 etc. To me that is not a true 1/1.

Is your example a card with the same photo, different numbering and a different border/refractor/Color type or cards that are exactly the same in every single way except for the numbering?

To me there would be a distinct difference between the two.

So I'd be curious of the list of cards that were in the later catagory because any that I've bought wouldnt fit. I don't look at Leaf products or a few UD lines so I'd be interested to see if any of those make your list.

Kevin

• miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

Something else to consider: I would suggest that in general, serial numbered items #/4 and #/5 can often sell for much much more than serial numbered items 1/1, #/2 and #/3. This is because it takes a minimum print run of 4 in order to qualify for inclusion on a player set registry composition. Like you'll read in countless threads here, "the registry is a powerful drug." So, an item that is part of a player set composition will have people potentially bidding against each other with a competition level unseen from non-registry collectors for /1, /2 & /3.

• Wow, I sure appreciate all the perspectives here. I will check out the site mentioned and see what else I can discover. Thanks again for the help!

Cheers,
    Dan