Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ivan Koloff in Poor Health

http://www.postandcourier.com/sports/russian-bear-ivan-koloff-in-fight-of-his-life/article_de80f720-ea1a-11e6-b8b4-734d09b12b01.html

Ivan lives near my hometown and I have occasionally run into him over the past years. My wife and I saw him a couple of nights ago and he did not look healthy. This article explains why.

Comments

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for posting the article.

• Options

• Options
    edited February 5, 2017 9:27AM

Yeah I am a jerk like that. I try and provide some supply when there is interest. Snuka isn't very well liked but wait until Hogan or Flair pass. The feeding frenzy on EBay will be insane.

• Options
    bobmoatbobmoat Posts: 257 ✭✭

HeritageGuy72 for President of the World

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for posting the article. I have some great memories watching Koloff in the 1970's and early 80's.

I wish him and his family the best.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    AlbertdiditAlbertdidit Posts: 560 ✭✭✭

@HeritageGuy72 said:
    Hopefully he can pull through; he was a tough dude and took Bruno to the limit at the Garden. A great early WWWF champ. I always find it sleazy when Ebay sellers start listing auctions on guys within hours of their passing.

I find it insane that people all of the sudden pay more for someone when they pass away. (Unless its someone young and unexpected) For example person x lived til age 80...for the last 30 years they could buy their auto for $50..they pass away and all of the sudden people are paying $80 or more

Why did you all of the sudden want this persons auto but not before their death? Happens all the time

• Options

@HeritageGuy72 said:

@bobmoat said:
    HeritageGuy72 for President of the World

Just trying to keep it real.

After giving this some thought I tell you what I really blew it. I had a chance to capitalize on Jimmy Snuka's death and really dropped the ball. The three cards I listed could have netted me a $57 profit and I didn't get them sold. In reality what I should have done as a sleazy profit seeker is listed one of my three PSA 10's. Boy did I screw up listing two of my 20 copies that couldn't yield me as much profit. You would have to think that surely someone would have paid an inflated price for one of those. The more I think about it boy was I sleazy buying more than one copy in a PSA 10. To keep other collectors from having the ability to cherish a card like that was just wrong. I mean who needs three?? It is a darn good thing I didn't take up being a card dealer because boy do I stink at it. Its really a good thing I chose to sell stocks and bonds instead of cards because clearly I am a colossal failure in this department. I definitely need to sharpen my skills and the next time a wrestler dies do a better job of using their death to my advantage. I tell you the more I think about it I am so disappointed. My wife and I could have had lunch at Applebee's but since my Snuka cards didn't sell we had to sit at home and eat Ramon Noodles. I hope she isn't reading this message board because I tell you what she will be really upset knowing I cost her a lunch out on the town. And like I said when the next great opportunity comes along I am going to pounce. I really do appreciate you straightening me out and providing such sound advice on how to run my collection.

• Options
    TheMickTheMick Posts: 217 ✭✭✭

I never got into wrestling. It is fake, I hope you know.

• Options
    edited February 6, 2017 9:13AM

@TheMick said:

No way it's fake. Not sure who your source is but everyone knows it's actually real. Come on dude who are you trying to fool.

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheMick said:

Next you are going to tell me that Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny don't exist!

• Options
    edited February 6, 2017 9:45AM

Dr, Peck, if that is your real name, I believe the issue had to do with selling in the wake of an individual's unfortunate death, which appears to be rather distasteful. Perhaps every challenge strikes you as financial, but this one relates to tact.

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

Are we really being the morality police in collecting now? So as a collector if you own cards of PED guys, athletes who have been arrested, etc that we would frown upon those collectors for holding cardboard of a despicable human being? Or does this only apply to sellers who sell collectibles at a time of demand? I have zero knowledge on this issue so please feel free to educate me. In the mean time, I may have to look over the 1986 Fleer basketball set checklist and call out those who have complete sets because there are likely some questionable characters in there. I wish some of my old vintage wrestlers died "again" so more material would be listed......non-issue to me.

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

A glimpse into my true character. You don't know me or anything about me. Your first post is a shot at me. Nice. I can do anything I want with my cards. Remember they are my cards.

My dog was diagnosed with a very short time to live this afternoon. That is what matters to me not a keyboard warrior that wouldn't dream of running their mouth to my face.

Sarcastic. Of course it was sarcastic.

• Options

His hand writing had gotten really bad here. I am curious what one of his older signatures looks like.

photo 125Koloff_zps55323e6b.jpg

• Options
    DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

He can hardly walk and the jaundice has sadly worsened each time I see him. I have probably seen him 3 times in the last 6 months and it is worse each time. Very friendly fellow each and every time.

• Options

I take it as a personal threat when someone joins a message board and their first post is a derogatory statement about me and they copy my EBAY listings. I have had plenty of haters over the years join and fire off ridiculous posts. You are just the next one and probably a repeat offender. Making derogatory comments behind the safety of a computer screen doesn't make you tough. It is the only reason you are doing so. I promise you that.

• Options

If I get kicked off here tonight so be it. You aren't going to come on here and attack my character. Making value judgments based on how I collect cards. It gets old when people like you decide to fire off attacks and won't post their name or who they are. There is a reason on the Net 54 boards people must say their name. It stops ridiculous ALT's like you from coming after people. I am dealing with a very personal situation right now and I am not going to sit back and let a trouble maker like you run your mouth to me. You picked the wrong time to start an inflammatory attack on me. You have a problem with me I am easy to find. Look me up. It is David Peck in Orlando, FL.

• Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    edited February 6, 2017 8:49PM

Triggered

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

Crickets

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

Sorry to hear about your dog

• Options

RIP

The cancer got him.

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear that.

Kevin