Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

bye

SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you check with Roxie to see what her thoughts are on the issue? Her guess would be just as good as any of ours.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Customer service is providing an educated guess, not an exact timetable. Personally, I would be a bit more patient.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:
    Customer service is providing an educated guess, not an exact timetable. Personally, I would be a bit more patient.

day 12 on 7 day, tired of excuses. estimated times, etc. if they are "always" behind hire more.
    besides customer service said "it was done", then a day later it's still being worked on. Thats not educated guesses it wrong information period.

• Options
    MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

The CS people that you speak to have no access to when your grades will/won't be done. I don't know why they say misleading things to you on the phone.

• Options

Frankly I can't relate to the impatience part of the grading process. I would bet that many people are submitting cards they have held in their collection for some time and now that they have decided to ship them it is funny to hear how they think it is taking far too long. For myself and I would think most others, there would be more than enough projects to sort through in your existing collection, preparing next submission, researching etc not to mention more important things in life to keep busy with. I can understand being excited yes, but impatient no.

On the hunt high grade Star Basketball.
  • Options

I just submit my orders and only check to see when they were logged and that's it. Then I just let the chips fall where they will and wait for the order shipped email. I have had 50 day subs pop in 10 days! and 50 day subs pop after 50 days. The only thing that I hate when you space out your subs and two pop at the same time and you have a big fat bill to pay lol.

On a 7 day sub I can see why you are getting impatient though, Good luck on your grades.

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim
  • Options

Are you on calendar day 12 or business day 12? Big difference if you hit two weekends.

• Options

@Dpeck100 said:
    Are you on calendar day 12 or business day 12? Big difference if you hit two weekends.

Business day 12, entered in the 13th

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

When you say 7 day order do you mean 5 business day orders? I dont see a 7 day option.
    I just had my 5 day express order pop today. It was logged 1/12/17 . It was a review and 0 bumped.

• Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

I honestly can't believe there's another thread about this. But I love all of you. Smooches.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sushihotwings said:
    Frankly I can't relate to the impatience part of the grading process. I would bet that many people are submitting cards they have held in their collection for some time and now that they have decided to ship them it is funny to hear how they think it is taking far too long. For myself and I would think most others, there would be more than enough projects to sort through in your existing collection, preparing next submission, researching etc not to mention more important things in life to keep busy with. I can understand being excited yes, but impatient no.

When you're submitting for 7 day, you're obviously wanting your cards done in a hurry - perhaps to jump on a hot trend. I completely get being impatient when you're 71% past the expedited time you paid extra to get.

• Options

I believe PSA has eliminated the 7 day service level.

• Options

Is that the case on renewal subs? They used to be five then moved to seven.

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

@MrHockey said:

interesting

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2017 6:46PM

It is a 7-day service when you renew your membership and send in your 6 free cards with the Gold membership or 15 free cards with the Platinum membership.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrHockey said:

This is correct. regular service is 10 BDA, unless you use Express which is 5 BDA.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

it was platinum reup 7 day service, which again this afternoon was told grades should pop any minute and shipped today.
    Nothing so far.

• Options

all I can hope is my stuff graded to good and they want to charge me more !!!!! ;)

• Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

I believe CC vouchers and specials get lowest priority, must be busy time or virus season has hit PSA. I don't understand the impatience either, I think it's all about expectations... but I believe today is day 11 with MLK holiday in there.

• Options

The online submission form says CC vouchers are 10 day. A change from 2016, I believe. This is reading the tea leaves, to some extent. Perhaps PSA could clarify.

Smitty: see above re: CS projections. Good luck.

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2017 8:36PM

Mr. Hockey, you are correct it is a 10 day as I just did my renewal and it stated 10 days.

• Options

PSA told me my platinum 15 card is 7 day service, more than one person told me this

• Options

Copied this off the web site, did mine last July I think and it was the normal 10 days.

PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP (1 Year) BENEFITS
    A voucher for 15 Submissions ($270 value) - All 15 cards must be submitted at the same time. Valid for both trading card and card and autograph dual service submission types (must use appropriate submission forms and separate shipping/handling fees apply). Turnaround time is approximately seven business days (for trading card service) and 20 business days (for card and autograph dual service). Maximum value per card allowed is $499. T3s, tickets and packs are not allowed on this voucher. Call for details.
    One-year subscription to the Sports Market Report (SMR) ($49 value)
    Monthly grading special
    The 100 Greatest Baseball Autographs book features terrific exemplars and eye-catching imagery of the most desirable signatures in the history of baseball. Each entry includes a detailed story behind the personal and professional lives of men who signed their names on the sweet spot. ($30 value)
    These offerings alone are a $397 value, but the PSA Gold Membership is $198 discount.

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim
  • Options

Interesting. They minimally have a disconnect in their stated policies at the moment.

• Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

approximately means 7 to 20 days lol

• Options
    bcubsbcubs Posts: 344 ✭✭✭

They have always hit the mark or done better on my reup submissions. Maybe they are just really swamped right now.

Appreciate today-

Bill

• Options

Okay so now you should be thanking PSA for their service that added lots of value to your cards.

• Options
    GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭

@Dpeck100 said:
    Okay so now you should be thanking PSA for their service that added lots of value to your cards.

+1...

Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
    Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.