Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Recent submission: 93 Jeter SP "min size" issue

NYYanksFan7NYYanksFan7 Posts: 52 ✭✭
edited January 30, 2017 11:18AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

I recently submitted my 93 Jeter SP rc and it came back un-graded with the "min size" designation. I know this is a common problem with the card, but I am curious if anyone knows if BGS is more forgiving when it comes to this. I'd like the card in a holder, and if PSA won't slab it maybe BGS is my next best option? I don't really want to go thru the time and money wasting process of re-submitting the card to PSA over and over in hopes a different grader would let it slide, if that's even possible.

Comments

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

PSA submission the 2nd or 3rd time would likely land it in a holder. They have given me that a dozen times and I always have resubmitted and finally landed a holder..besides they don't chrge for minsize, but the shipping cost is ate so resend in during another submission. OR, you can try BGS as they are a little more lenient. If for resale, I would try to land it in the PSA holder officially though.

• Options
    EldoEsqEldoEsq Posts: 73 ✭✭✭

BGS is definitely more lenient with the min size issue...thats why PSA outsells it by multiples!

• Options

Thanks for the advice. I assumed I'd get whacked $18 each time I re-submitted the card to PSA and it came back un-graded.

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

@NYYanksFan7 said:
    Thanks for the advice. I assumed I'd get whacked $18 each time I re-submitted the card to PSA and it came back un-graded.

That's what I was saying, if deemed "minsizerq" they do not charge a grading fee. Check your last submission receipt. So you only have to pay for the shipping to and from in that case and the grading fee is credited back. I would hold it until your next submission and try again or pay once more for shipping if it is something you want done asap.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@secretstash said:
    PSA submission the 2nd or 3rd time would likely land it in a holder. They have given me that a dozen times and I always have resubmitted and finally landed a holder..besides they don't chrge for minsize, but the shipping cost is ate so resend in during another submission. OR, you can try BGS as they are a little more lenient. If for resale, I would try to land it in the PSA holder officially though.

The above is good advice and if you have the time it helps to wait months or longer before trying again.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.