Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Shipping boxes, sets, cases

Venturing over from the coin forum...

I'll gonna try to sell a bunch of mostly low value boxes, cases, and factory sets from the late 80's to early 90's. What's the acceptable way to ship boxes? In looking at e-bay a lot of the stuff may be worth $10-$15 box/set. plus a little shipping. For example 1990 UD factory sets and boxes. Can I just wrap in shipping paper and off it goes?

The only somewhat valuable stuff in this group are the cases of low number 1989 upper deck. Best to sell by box, case... All the stuff is still factory sealed.

Thanks for any advise.

Comments

• Options
    bcubsbcubs Posts: 344 ✭✭✭

You are probably setting yourself up for problems just wrapping them in paper. Typically even when selling very cheap items the expectation from sports card buyers is that those items are boxed for shipping. Even sealed cases of sets and boxes should be put into another shipping container with bubble wrap and/or packing peanuts. It's a big pain generally.

Appreciate today-

Bill

• Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

I'd try to sell them locally (craigslist, facebook, buy/sell/trade forums, et cetera). Best of luck.

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are going to sell them on eBay, go to the post office website and order some regional rate A and B boxes. They are almost the same size as the medium and large flat rate boxes but are a little cheaper to ship. The boxes are free and they will be delivered to your house.
    James

• Options
    nagsnags Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the advice - Dan