Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

bye

SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

This is tough to read.

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2017 9:48PM

:)

• MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

A lot of hate on this message board for no reason whatsoever. A handful of good folks that I know have stopped giving PSA business because of their message board.

• Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2017 11:47PM

@MULLINS5 said:
    A lot of hate on this message board for no reason whatsoever. A handful of good folks that I know have stopped giving PSA business because of their message board.

PSA will always make money irregardless of what you or I think. Most collectors don't even participate on the boards. That's a little childish if you ask me to stop making money on their cards by not sending to PSA anymore because of some opinions of collectors. I don't buy this statement.

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.

I don't even know a handful of good folks. Maybe a spoonful.

• dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2017 7:14AM

I guess it's in the eye of the beholder. I don't see mild sarcasm as being unfriendly. I see the OP's posts about updates as sarcasm toward PSA. It seems if you dish it out you should be about to take it as well. Some folks on here are passionate about PSA & they will defend them in their own subtle way. JMHO of course.

Edited to add: PSA is very clear that their turn around times are estimates & can vary depending on many factors.

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

PSA is head and shoulders above their competitors. Better to wait for quality grading than a quick turn around by a grader no one has confidence in. And the PSA web site and registry is so far advanced from the completion it is not even debatable.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

Let's just be honest here. The OP posts threads to PREVIEW his goods for sale. That is against policy in this forum. If the OP wishes to receive better treatment than he feels he currently is, perhaps he should learn to obey rules and stop disrespecting this forum and insulting its members. To post thread after thread constantly whining about inadequacy is ridiculous. END OF RANT!

• bobmoatbobmoat Posts: 257 ✭✭

STILL WAITING!!

• mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

@Smittys said:
    I have to admit out of all the forums on here the sports one is the least friendly.

I'd say the testing forum is the least friendly.

• SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2017 9:21AM

@travis t said:
    Let's just be honest here. The OP posts threads to PREVIEW his goods for sale. That is against policy in this forum. If the OP wishes to receive better treatment than he feels he currently is, perhaps he should learn to obey rules and stop disrespecting this forum and insulting its members. To post thread after thread constantly whining about inadequacy is ridiculous. END OF RANT!

Show me this !!!
    I ask questions, I show new pickups I don't market them her

• MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

Smitty is losing it. Come back to orbit, buddy.

@Gemyanks10 said:

@MULLINS5 said:

PSA will always make money irregardless of what you or I think. Most collectors don't even participate on the boards. That's a little childish if you ask me to stop making money on their cards by not sending to PSA anymore because of some opinions of collectors. I don't buy this statement.

A handful of people will certainly not put a dent into PSA's profits, but thanks for supporting my (and the OP's) point.

@travis t said:

It certainly seems as though Smitty is just advertising his goods here, however, he is not the only dealer to do so (and nobody ridicules or harasses those dealers). You mentioned in another thread of Smitty's for him to ignore you if he doesn't like what you're saying, and I'd suggest that you follow your advice for him. Just ignore and move on.

You say Smitty needs to obey rules and stop disrespecting this forum and insulting members - but you are the one doing this.

• I remember getting heat when I asked others opinions about having a Group Break on here, hosted by BBCE or another big name. I was assumed to be this big thief that wanted to rip everyone off. I was also accused of being that bubble bath blue glove person, it was nuts.When the truth was I wanted to have this forum move to the next level. Nonetheless, I dont spend too much time here like before but there is still some good info.

edited January 29, 2017 2:08PM

Mr. Mullins, I'm glad you have taken the time to "Unignore" me long enough to voice your opinion. As I recall, you had claimed in a thread posted last year that you would not be viewing or responding to my posts. So, to address me now with the purpose of adding agitation to an already tense situation certainly does not improve it. I think my point has been proven in grand fashion. Nobody here besides the OP posts pictures of his showcase. That makes it rather obvious what his intentions are. Unless he collects and adds price tags to his beloved accumulation for observation purposes.
    Let's agree to disagree on issues where we don't see eye to eye. I'm NOT going to battle with anyone, just trying to prove a point. All the best to you and everyone here. Let's enjoy this friggin' hobby. Please.

• CakesCakes Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MULLINS5 said:

@travis t said:

It certainly seems as though Smitty is just advertising his goods here, however, he is not the only dealer to do so (and nobody ridicules or harasses those dealers). You mentioned in another thread of Smitty's for him to ignore you if he doesn't like what you're saying, and I'd suggest that you follow your advice for him. Just ignore and move on.

You say Smitty needs to obey rules and stop disrespecting this forum and insulting members - but you are the one doing this.

Mullins lives in a glass house and continues to throw stones. What makes it really strange is how he somehow doesn't realize how obtuse he can be.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.

Without self esteem, you don't belong on the catwalk.

• georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    edited January 30, 2017 12:13PM

I heard that accusing someone of being obtuse could get you up to two months in the hole.

edited to make the reference a tad more obvious.....and possibly more funny.

@Cakes said:

@MULLINS5 said:

@travis t said:

Mullins lives in a glass house and continues to throw stones. What makes it really strange is how he somehow doesn't realize how obtuse he can be.

You're the guy that ran to the mod and claimed I abused another member.

Perhaps you should re-read the rules here.

Rule 3) Anyone attacking another poster or making disparaging personal remarks will no longer be allowed to post. No more warnings.

Rule 5) If you have nothing to contribute to a thread or the forum as a whole, then do not post. Snide remarks and other negative comments will result in your losing your ability to post. No more warnings.

@travis t said:
    Mr. Mullins, I'm glad you have taken the time to "Unignore" me long enough to voice your opinion. As I recall, you had claimed in a thread posted last year that you would not be viewing or responding to my posts. So, to address me now with the purpose of adding agitation to an already tense situation certainly does not improve it. I think my point has been proven in grand fashion. Nobody here besides the OP posts pictures of his showcase. That makes it rather obvious what his intentions are. Unless he collects and adds price tags to his beloved accumulation for observation purposes.
    Let's agree to disagree on issues where we don't see eye to eye. I'm NOT going to battle with anyone, just trying to prove a point. All the best to you and everyone here. Let's enjoy this friggin' hobby. Please.

I come here, like most, to view collections, pick-ups, keep up with old friends, and occasionally chime in with new additions. I added you to my ignore list because you clearly have some kind of agenda here that seems like it has little to nothing to do with sports cards and memorabilia. My post to you is not meant to ruffle your feathers, just give advice. The "already tense situation" is one you started and nobody but you (and Smitty) are fanning the flames.

As a member here I do not want to see others being attacked, harassed, and disparaged. This is supposed to be a fun place pertaining to sports cards and collectibles, not bashing people for personal enjoyment. Because of your posts, I chose to block you back in October. Now that we have the new forum software it makes ignoring people more difficult.

If you want to talk cards, lets do that.

Patrick, I just posted to a thread about cards and would typically prefer to do that. Again, no agendas anymore, let's just have fun, right? I communicated privately with Smittys as well, and informed him that my pokes and prods are done. We're adults here. We're prone to loose behavior, but we know we should be more mature. Fine. Let's do it.

@MULLINS5 said:

@Cakes said:

@MULLINS5 said:

@travis t said:

Rule 3) Anyone attacking another poster or making disparaging personal remarks will no longer be allowed to post. No more warnings.

Rule 5) If you have nothing to contribute to a thread or the forum as a whole, then do not post. Snide remarks and other negative comments will result in your losing your ability to post. No more warnings.

Ran to the mods, I have never, how would you even do that, surely you would know. Here are some facts, you flagged me for abuse before I even knew the feature existed. And to think I offered to help you store your collection, multiple times, without even an acknowledgement from you when you had the forest fire in your area.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.

@Cakes said:

@MULLINS5 said:

@Cakes said:

@MULLINS5 said:

@travis t said:

Ran to the mods, I have never, how would you even do that, surely you would know. Here are some facts, you flagged me for abuse before I even knew the feature existed. And to think I offered to help you store your collection, multiple times, without even an acknowledgement from you when you had the forest fire in your area.

@Cakes said:

@MULLINS5 said:

@Cakes said:

@MULLINS5 said:

@travis t said:

I do appreciate you offering to help, but I don't know why you followed up with snide remarks in other threads. To my knowledge, I never thought we had a "beef" with each other until you began with a jab here and there. I'll leave this to rest, and you're welcome to reply however you wish, but I'd like to get back to talking about our hobby.

Mullins5: why do so many different people here seem to have issues with you?

• jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

Come on guys. This forum is supposed to be a fun place to hang out in an chat about what we all have in common, collecting cards. If you want to argue with each other take it to PMs. WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG
    James

@MULLINS5 said:

@Cakes said:

@MULLINS5 said:

@Cakes said:

@MULLINS5 said:

@travis t said:

I do appreciate you offering to help, but I don't know why you followed up with snide remarks in other threads. To my knowledge, I never thought we had a "beef" with each other until you began with a jab here and there. I'll leave this to rest, and you're welcome to reply however you wish, but I'd like to get back to talking about our hobby.

How would I have known you appreciated my offer when you never responded to the original and follow up offer?

I will leave this to rest also but that doesn't mean if Republicanmass and I have a disagreement or some words that we need the rules shoved in our face.

• MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭

@georgebailey2 said:

I heard that accusing someone of being obtuse could get you up to two months in the hole.

edited to make the reference a tad more obvious.....and possibly more funny.

Now you're just being acute!

• 70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭

The anonymity offered in an online message board sometimes is too tempting for some, enabling them to behave in ways they would never do in person.

That being said, my experiences here have been largely very positive. I've met dozens of decent, knowledgeable and very generous people who I feel fortunate to be able to call friends.

Dave
  • OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭
  • bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

@bobmoat said:

The first rule of fight club is: you do not talk about fight club :smiley:

I don't get the guitar player reference! Is the one on the left Dave Murray and the one on the right the guitarist for Def Leppard?

BLASPHEMY ! There is actually no reference point for posting the pic. Only that this thread deserved some rocknroll.

It does look like Phil Collen of Def Leppard, but no. that is Adrian Smith who joined Maiden after Killers with Bruce Dickinson you silly goose. Please again review your IronMaidenology at the link below: :)

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/iron-maiden-lineup-changes/

• Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

Poop stinks

Change your shorts at least monthly.

@OddRodz said:
    BLASPHEMY ! There is actually no reference point for posting the pic. Only that this thread deserved some rocknroll.

It does look like Phil Collen of Def Leppard, but no. that is Adrian Smith who joined Maiden after Killers with Bruce Dickinson you silly goose. Please again review your IronMaidenology at the link below: :)

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/iron-maiden-lineup-changes/

OMG I love Maiden, it really doesn't look like Adrian, that is Dave though, right?

Because the sports forum is the least friendly of all on here.

@bobmoat said:

We're all unkind and just happen to direct it at you?

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well said. But my gawd, if you depart this place will only go from bad to worse. When I see old threads I see many who are no longer here. I remember many as decent, non threatening citizens who may have stepped over the line once too often. This place is not better with them gone. I would like to see a blanket amnesty for all those booted. Let them all come back. If they show evidence that they should have stayed gone the moderators can make that happen again.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

Well said TNP, and you kept it classy. I couldn't agree more. I think you are actually speaking for the majority here and unfortunately the minority just can't grasp/understand.

Geez. First Scully retires, now this. :(