Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Submission question for thick patch cards - chime in with your advice.

Sending in some modern stuff for my son who is now collecting some cards...and for the first time ever I have a handful of thick patch cards to send in to PSA.

What is the best holder to send these in for grading submission? Thicker toploaders, the magnetic one touch ( I know I won't get these back but more concerned with the cards making it to Newport Beach in good shape)

Any advice is appreciated!

Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.

Comments

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27, 2017 9:42PM

I've sent mine in the one touch. If there is a little space between the lid and the top of the card I lay half or all of a penny sleeve on it to hold it securely. A little painters tape wrapped around it to keep the lid on. Worked out fine for my last batch and my next batch of Cup cards will get the same treatment.

Good luck,
    Kevin

Kevin

• Options
    GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭

Thanks Kevin.

Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
    Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.
  • Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

Card Saver 4's

• Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

Is the slab the same for the thicker/patch cards as a standard card? I have a panini National treasures card that isn’t a patch card but is as thick as one...that I’m planning on subbing

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a thicker slab, but same height/width.