Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Consign Your Coins to eBay with JKCoins--Great Rates, Great Results

I've been selling coins on consignment on eBay since mid-2003, and in that time have earned a stellar reputation for my photographs and overall auction results, as well as my low rates. I have repeat consignors and buyers from every corner of the globe, and if you're looking to get your coins on eBay, please consider my services. Here are some of the many advantages of selling through me:

<> Low Fees. As a Top-Rated Seller with high PayPal volume, I get reduced eBay fees, and those savings go to you (if a buyer mails payment, you don't pay a PayPal fee, of course). My personal commission is just 6% ($10 minimum). The standard eBay final value fee is 10%, but my fees as a volume seller are just 6%. Right off the bat, 2/3 of my commission can be covered by this fee savings.

<> I do the work for you. You simply send your coins to me--just one shipment--and a few weeks later, you'll get a check in the mail. A number of collectors and dealers consider my photographs to be among the very best on eBay, and every item I sell receives a professional description.

<> I am a Top-Rated Seller with superb feedback. This indicates that my buyers are happy, and it shows when many of the coins I list sell at strong prices to repeat buyers week in and week out. This also means that my auctions have priority in the eBay search results, so your coins get better visibility.

<> I take care of all the shipping. One of the most pain-staking parts of selling is shipping. I fill all the orders and ship them wherever they have to go. I also do my best to keep shipping costs low, which means buyers can bid higher. I don't profit on shipping, and that's reflected in my DSRs.

<> I ship internationally. Many sellers limit their sales to the domestic market, but I've found tremendous business overseas, shipping hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of coins out of the country each year. Whether or not foreign buyers win, their bids alone help you realize higher prices. Many of my strong repeat buyers are located across the globe.

<> In addition to shipping internationally, I sell lots of foreign coins, which have huge markets beyond America's borders. With my strong reputation and international shipping, I get great results with foreign coinage.

<> I deal with the buyers. Yes, sometimes they're a hassle, and sometimes they can inundate sellers with questions. Save yourself the time and grief and let me respond to their emails.

<> Detailed accounting. I keep meticulous records, and at settlement, you will receive a spreadsheet listing each fee for every item (eBay Listing & Final Value, PayPal, Commission).

<> I donate 20% of my proceeds to charity. I'm not selling to make a killing, I just enjoy a little extra spending money to fund my hobbies. And because I think it's always important to give back, I've sent tens of thousands of dollars in commissions to charity over the years, and will continue to do so.

To learn more about my services, visit my website, http://www.JKCoinPhotography.com. My current listings can be viewed here: http://www.ebay.com/sch/jkcoins/m.html. Please feel free to contact me here by PM, or email me at jkcp@jkwd.com.

And for your viewing pleasure, a few sample images:

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research

Comments

• Excellent pix!

• bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

Following you on Ebay. Will keep you in mind.

• BruggsBruggs Posts: 449 ✭✭

First rate seller here. Has handled many ebay consignments of mine and have always been very pleased. I would highly recommend JK

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the info, I too will keep you in mind. :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• What happens in the event of buyer fraud or a chargeback where money is not collected for a coin. Do you also cover these possibilities, or does this come back to the consignor in the end?

• airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

@learningcoins said:
    What happens in the event of buyer fraud or a chargeback where money is not collected for a coin. Do you also cover these possibilities, or does this come back to the consignor in the end?

To a degree, it would depend on the exact scenario and time frame. First, I'm assuming (and hope it's obvious) that the buyer isn't tied to the consignor. My goal as a seller is to be an agent for the consignor; my value comes in my experience dealing with all facets of eBay and PayPal, which include handling problems in the rare instance they arise. Chargebacks in particular are rare, and I can't tell you the last time I had one, or that I lost a claim that didn't at least require the coin to be sent back (ie, where anyone was out the coin and the money). As a seller, my aim is to do all the work for you, but if it's complete bad luck, not assume all risk of a sale (economically speaking, my upside is limited by a percentage, so it doesn't make sense to take on all the potential downside). I should add that everything is insured while I have it and when I ship, so if there is loss there, everything is covered.

One other note: authenticity. All coins I sell are always guaranteed authentic. While I aim to filter anything I think is questionable (and may require certain types to be certified), if a coin comes back with an authenticity problem, it will be returned to the consignor. I can't think of a time this has happened, but in the interest of full disclosure, I think the policy is fair, and follows standard practice in the industry.

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • zas107zas107 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

I have consigned over 10k worth of coins to Jeremy have always been extraordinarily pleased with the results. I can't recommend him enough!

• Thanks for explaining airplane nut. I can understand all of your points and as a business, they all make sense. I have never sold coins, so not sure what the procedure was with people in the business. It is a scary thought to have someone sell a coin for you, and 30 days later be able to say, sorry we had a bad thing happen here, and I did not collect, and can not pay you. Nothing personal, as I would guess all businesses might handle the same. Virtually no way to be covered 100% no matter who or how good the person you are working with. Keep up the good work, looks like you have a very good business going here, and if I ever get brave enough to sell something through someone, I will give you a shout.

No disagreement with what you've written. The short response I'd have (which I think is written out above) is this: anyone can sell a coin on eBay, but some will get better results and/or do it more easily as a result of having their process set. Just the same, everyone faces the same risks, but some will be better equipped to deal with issues should they arrive. Depending on how much time someone wants to put into creating their own listings or their own photos, I may not be the best solution for them, and I won't try to sell myself as otherwise. But, if someone's ready to sell and for whatever reason (I can think of many--I've already spent a few hours on the phone with eBay this month) doesn't want to do it themselves, I think I can help.

ttt

• FallGuyFallGuy Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    edited April 3, 2017 11:26AM

I have done a considerable amount of buying on eBay, but no selling. Therefore I have no established credentials with potential buyers. With that handicap in mind I recently consigned some coins to Jeremy and just got my no hassle check in the mail, exactly as advertised.

I could never match the quality of photography provided (at no additional cost to the already low consignment fee) and have no doubt that the excellent pictures and established clientele of JKcoins provided stronger​ bids and results for me.

BTW, this is an unsolicited endorsement. Thanks Jeremy!

ttt

ttt

ttt