Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

X#/Unusual World Coins lookup request

I've got a copy of the book on the way (thanks Amazon!) but...I hate to wait and if anyone is bored maybe they can check a coin for me.

It was a Baltimore purchase last year, a complete whim but an interesting history--government in exile type of thing. Plus, it has a cool griffin. Don't really know what to do with it, but oh well.

I'm trying to organize at the moment so if anyone could give me the catalog number that would be great. It's bronze according the notations and has the misspelling error.

A quickie kitchen counter phone photo (and would like to point out I have 4 different light sources in the kitchen which makes photography a bit crazed--it looks pretty gold like in hand, but clearly isn't gold--the gold shade side of bronze I guess).

Comments

• Options
    bosoxbosox Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭✭

I have an older Krause (2010) and it is not in it. Sorry.

Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com
  • Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2017 8:11PM

Krause Unusual World Coins is in Google Books. But Google search doesn't always seem to find it.

Try this link.

Edited to add: My hardcopy is in storage (and I'm beginning to sound like a broken record).

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25, 2017 6:47AM

Shoot, I couldn't find the google book page I wanted. I cracked and ordered a paper book at least, and this is exactly the reason why I like paper books. Flipping pages vs. Google Fu. Both are good but in different ways...I have a feeling I want page 393 which isn't showing. Going by all the un-pictured descriptions on the ATS price guide--not or trial strike most likely. The information there is scant to say the least. (And definitely not a piefort).

Kind of interesting, the whole 'government in exile'. I love coins--learn something new every day!

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

In my 6th edition it is X-5b

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool, thank you!!