Home Sports Talk
Options

KC's Yordano Ventura reported to have died in an auto accident.

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bad news for Baseball as one of its rising stars has reportedly died in an auto accident. What a way to end the off-season and head into spring training.

Al H.

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

And in a separate car accident in the Dominican former major leaguer Andy Marte was killed last night as well

Mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

wow!!! Andy Marte played for the Indians, he had great potential but never seemed to get over the hump so the Team finally gave up on him. after he was traded I wondered where he had gone, it's ridiculous to find out in such a way.

thanks, Mark. RIP both of them, way too young for such gifted young men to be taken.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Indeed. RIP

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

My wife and I saw Ventura pitch his first game at KC and many more with the most memorable one the 6th game of the World Series vs the Giants which KC won 10-0. He will be missed.

• Options
    cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP Yordano and Andy. My thoughts go out to their families, the organizations they were tied to and their fans.

Too many of these young men are dying in this fashion. I've not been in the DR, but have witnessed lunatic driving in Puerto Rico on a number of occasions. Probably no different in the Dominican.

We can't know for certain what happened in these two accidents, but for these young men, testosterone, fast cars and often times liquid courage are deadly. Hopefully others will take notice.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a tragedy. Ventura had such a bright future. RIP.

• Options
    coinpro76coinpro76 Posts: 366 ✭✭✭

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/yordano-ventura-contract-royals-toxicology-report-012317

Even worse news yet. It is speculated while he was in the wrecked vehicle looters descended on him and stole everything on his person including his world series ring before abandoning him to die. An agonizing hell awaits these lowlifes.
    RIP Ventura.

all around collector of many fine things

• Options
    breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely gut-wrenching. Ventura had a lot of Pedro in him -about 170 pounds soaking wet and could make the ball explode out of his hand. I was frustrated by his immaturity at times but I looked forward to seeing if he could ever play to his potential over a full season. Now we will never get that chance.

Royals team is turning into a shell of its WS group but mostly it stinks that such a talent is gone at such an early age.

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.