Has anyone ever seen this 1978 Topps Mexican Superman card (PSA hasn't)?

Acquired this from someone in a large lot of other '77 Topps Mexican releases (FB, Charlie's Angels, 6 Million $ Man, etc.). Sent it in to PSA a few months ago, but they couldn't identify it so couldn't holder it. Anyone have any info?

Comments

• Nobody? Anyone have any leads I could contact?

• Any suggestions of other forums to try?

• dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭

This seems to very obviously be the 1978 Superman The Movie set, but in Spanish. I haven't found any source showing that it exists yet, however.

The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭

photo s-l1600.jpg

The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Thanks Dytch, well, you've now found your source. I have 4 cards from the series. I also have a complete set of King Kong Mexican and a complete set of Planet of the Apes Mexican, both of which were new finds according to the person who writes the Non-Sports Card Almanac. Hoping I can convince PSA to get them in their database.

• Hello!
    I´m from Mexico. Even here these cards are very rare and hard to find. I have a complete set of 77 Superman cards.
    I´m not sure who made them, but it is very possible that "Laboratorios y Agencias Unidas S.A." produced them in the late 70s. They were the ones that released the Star Wars cards in Mexico and I understand that the Planet of the Apes ones too (and maybe King Kong as well). As far as I know, they were the only Topps licensee in Mexico.

I have never seen a wrapper or a box for the Superman card collection.

All best.

• muffinsmuffins Posts: 403 ✭✭✭

pacosa dos, perhaps?

i know they did star wars jedi...

katt scratch fever

• Nice job posting a picture of my card guys! I am willing to sell if anyone is interested.

• Emilio was very helpful! I now have the full Topps Mexican Superman checklist, which now allows PSA to grade them. Should have this one back, as well as a full set of Mexican King Kong and full set of Mexican Planet of the Apes back from PSA in the next week or so.

• kencopekencope Posts: 397

Here's the Topps Mexican Superman in it's PSA Holder:

• Excelent!!! It´s great to see that PSA agreed to grade it