Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Boy Monthly Specials were lousy this month!

Hoping some better deals (like December's) for Feb. Anyone every notice any patterns to these?

Comments

• Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

When business is booming the specials tend to be less impressive, i.e. after a major convention or when certain cards get particularly hot and everyone including non-collectors are sending in orders. When things ebb slightly, they encourage more business with better offers, but then the cycle renews itself and several members of this forum then post threads complaining about PSA's efforts or just simply previewing their merchandise to promote future sales.

• Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

What did you take advantage of in December? I was happy with this months specials and thought December's sucked!

I did sent a small sub in on the December $10, no minimum, value up to $150 special.

The $6, 1956-Present, 25 minimum, value up to $100 special going on right now is about as good as "that" has gotten in quite some time. When we've been lucky enough to see $6, it's usually been at least a 50 card minimum!

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

@epatmythes said:
    What did you take advantage of in December? I was happy with this months specials and thought December's sucked!

I did sent a small sub in on the December $10, no minimum, value up to $150 special.

The $6, 1956-Present, 25 minimum, value up to $100 special going on right now is about as good as "that" has gotten in quite some time. When we've been lucky enough to see $6, it's usually been at least a 50 card minimum!

Agreed, they are only going to get worse!

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

This month is far better than last. With PSA grading hike almost across the board, I expect 7 or 6.50 to be the best in future--$6 per is great.

• Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭✭

I thought this months was really good as well. I liked $6 and only 25 minimum. Used to be 50 minimum and that was hard to get that many cards together for me and then have a huge charge on the cc for those 50 items to boot.

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Monthly specials will only go up. The 6.00 per card is about as good as you can now.