Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Shipping is Free! - PSA Graded Cards Mystery Lot of 697 slabs

No idea on what you might get, but hey, it's only what, like $18 a slab. Can't believe they haven't sold yet :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/697-PSA-GRADED-BASEBALL-CARD-LOT/192062979010

Ken - Volunteered to work in Florida Keys, now freezing in Ohio
Work in progress - Unopened Racks/Cello/Wax with star power for Baseball, Football and Basketball
Collecting unopened 80's boxes and graded packs
I may be hoarding too much 80's junk wax but I like it!

Comments

• Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

Based on his completed auctions (many unsold), I would bet that 99% of them are 1981 Topps.

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

The seller was mentioned in a discussion some time ago. Made some bad decisions in terms of card grading.

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

@OddRodz said:
    THESE BOXES ARE WHERE ALL THE NEW PSA 10 CARDS COME FROM

Let's see if I get a response to the question I just sent to the seller. I asked him if he would include a few pictures of the back of the packs, including some close up. Think I'll get them? LOL

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doug - please let us know the response when he sends it to you. I love the description - I don't guarantee this box has not been opened, but I guarantee a chance at a bunch of "possible" psa 10's? I guess every box technically would have a chance to possibly have psa 10's in it!

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2017 10:18AM

It is possible this guy got taken advantage of on a previous sale and the buyer searched and returned IF his stuff is indeed sealed/unsearched. So now he is including that in the description to protect himself. OR we have the more popular belief, he is a resealer/scammer. B)

I guess I only am listing the other option as possible because sometimes the sellers are taken advantage of...even a sealed case you can be ripped off on--I was. I sold a sealed 1990 fleer basketball case to someone and he filed a claim saying it arrived damaged and the seal popped in transit. Oh well, I know for sure the cases were legit because BBCE analyzed them and I had one ripped down for FASC and the others just certified for sale. So I accepted the return and just planned on opening 20 wax boxes to pull jordans and hope to break even on the case sale after grading 10s, but when it arrived back to me every pack was opened and jordan, pippen, and david robinson had been pulled. LOL! There are 60 or so of each of them in the case and all were gone, with every pack searched. It really was quite an elaborate scam.

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

@KendallCat said:
    Doug - please let us know the response when he sends it to you. I love the description - I don't guarantee this box has not been opened, but I guarantee a chance at a bunch of "possible" psa 10's? I guess every box technically would have a chance to possibly have psa 10's in it!

I was surprised ... he sent me an email telling me that he added pics of the backs of the packs. Looks like he added three and some are quite large.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doug - good to hear. Now we need Tim to check the photos and tell us if they look good. Problem is even if the packs look good box is probably a Frankenstein box with Winfield and Schmidt pulled.

• Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the seller of the '74T wax box is simply gobbling up stuff from eBay's best and auto-flipping it. I know because I'm not a genius.