Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1971 Topps Baseball Variations - Questions

If anyone could help explain (and possibly post comparison pics) for some of the variations listed in the 1971 master set composition, it would be extremely appreciated. First is #206 - the registry lists both a red helmet and orange helmet version. I can't seem to distinguish between the two. Am I colorblind? Also, some slabbed examples of the card state "with line" or "no line". Is that two more variations of the same card #?
My second question is for card #369. The registry composition lists 3 different variations - orange, red with line, and red without line. Slabbed examples on ebay do not seem to clear up my questions. Again, I do not see an orange vs. red distinction, sometimes I think I see a line when the PSA flip reads "no line", etc.
Calling on the 1971 experts. Please help.

Bill
wpkoughan@yahoo.com
Collecting 1970-1979 PSA 9 & 10 Baseball Cards

Comments

• Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry for the dusty scanner, but my 209 is more of a nuance than a real orange (like in the positions on the front of 71's):

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, the Line on the 369 is that little line above the batter's ear on the batting helmet -- you can see the line on the 206's above. Am pretty sure most 369's are no line - mine are.

Mike
    Bosox1976