Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Subbing Oddballs

I'm currently putting together a sub, and have a handful of oddball auto racing items that I would like to include.

One is an Emerson Fittipaldi RC (73-74 Campioni) theyve graded other players from the set so I assume that one won't be an issue. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I also have a couple Kenny Roberts that I want graded. One a 75 MotoSport, the other a 79 MotoSport. I don't see any of those sets graded, so have some concerns. I can't find a formal checklist, but can find the sticker books. Would these grade or do I need to call/supply something?

The last 2 are a pair of Ayrton Sennas. An 87 Motorsport Adventures and an 88 Supersport. I can't find a formal checklist, but can find the sticker books. Would these grade or do I need to call/supply something?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Jim

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.

Comments

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've subbed thousands of items from foreign or oddball issue where none had been graded from the set before. The electronic sub form has a line item for a note under each item (as opposed to the general note at the bottom). If you can provide a URL that has a verifiable set checklist and set information, either from a generally reliable source if just text, or, any old web page that has the entire set pictured legibly, then chances are extremely likely your item will be graded (unless there are other issues in play such as unlicensed material, etc.). And if it doesn't work the first time, still very likely you'll get it graded within a couple re-subs as long as you have the supporting documentation. The deal is, they will be willing to work with you if you meet them half way. Their research dept. will verify your link and its info for the grader if you provide it, but, the research dept. will not go out and seek that info on their own if you do not give them the link as a starting point and instead will just N9 you.

• Options

I will clarify based on the OP that if you can find a link where someone has scanned every page of the sticker book, that will suffice.

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

...and there's the rub.

I may have to buy the books or try to get a seller to scan all pages.

Thanks for the reply! Very helpful.

I'll make a call and see what's what.

• Options

Also, I've found that if you call and ask someone at PSA if they'll grade as I describe before you sub, they will usually say no. Your best results will just be to send them in with your sub and include the link and let the PSA personnel sort it out once they have everything in hand.

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

It was suggested by them to send front and back scans and they'll let me know within hopefully a few days.

• Options

@vintagefun said:
    It was suggested by them to send front and back scans and they'll let me know within hopefully a few days.

If they say no, sub it anyway.

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

I pulled out one of these from my Panini stickers to send in at some point. If you are sending in the 88 just list it as is and use multi sport.