Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1975 Topps Mini Wax Box (BBCE) Break Going Live Tomorrow: Info Page Here

slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

I know it's football season, but I have been thinking of selling my 1975 Topps Baseball Mini Wax box and figured before consigning it I would see if there is any interest in an old fashioned box break on here. While the box is not labeled FASC, I believe based on the provenance of the box that it is an intact box and not a "Frankenstein" box. The box is pictured below and looks case fresh. I would ask for $75/pack net to me (Friends and family preferred, but PP Goods welcomed if you pick up the fees). Price includes safe delivery of your pack. As a bonus, I will also be giving away the empty box to someone at random.

Please feel free to ask questions on here or via PM. If there is sufficient interest then I will update this thread with more details before starting a new thread for the actual reservations. While this thread will not be reservations, please post a reply here if you are interested in participating so I can see if this will be a go or not. Thanks,

Steve

UPDATE ON 1/15/17

PRICE PER SLOT: $75 (this is net to me, so preferably PP Friends and Family otherwise $78 PP Goods/Invoice)

SHIPPING: Free

INSURANCE: I am not a big believer in USPS insurance, but if you want insurance on your package I will add it to your total. Your cost will be the exact USPS charge for the amount insurance that you request.

PAYMENT TERMS: Payment is expected as soon as the break ends, which is defined as when all the slots are claimed. Please be considerate of your fellow breakers as the box won't be opened until all slots are paid for. Again, payment is expected via PayPal and will be net to me. PayPal Friends and Family is preferred but if you want PayPal Goods please know that $3 will be added per slot/pack to the total to account for the PayPal fees.

START TIME: The break will start around 6PM Pacific on Monday 1/16/17. I get off work around 6 so it may be a little earlier or later depending on exactly when I am done with work. I will create a new thread around this time and once it is up, the break is live and you can begin requesting slots. For maximum inclusion, for the first 24 hours there will be a limit of 2 slots per person. After the first 24 hours and for the next 24 hours, everyone can add two more slots. After 48 hours, you can request as many slots as you desire.

BONUS: I will be giving away the empty box from this break (I am assuming someone will want it). **To win the empty box you have to be a participant in the break and you have to request entry into the drawing for the box when you reserve your packs **(or at least sometime before the end of the break). The odds of winning the box will be based on how many slots you purchase and how many other people with slots request a chance at winning the box. For example if you reserve 4 slots and all 36 slots request entry then you will have a 4 in 36 chance of winning. If only 20 of the participating slots request entry for the box then you have a 4 in 20 chance in winning.

Thanks to everyone who is participating! See you tomorrow at 6PM Pacific.

Steve

Comments

• Options

I'd be down for a few packs.

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options

I would be in for 3-4 packs. Any Brett pack is fine, doesn't need to be from middle. :)

• Options

2 packs here

#CROWNED

2015 World Series Champions
    2018 Worst Minor League System In Baseball
    #FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

I would be in for 3 packs

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    nendeenendee Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

I'm down for 3 packs - very nice of you!

Cubs and Purdue Fan - Ouch!

My collecting blog: http://ctcard.wordpress.com
  • Options

Thanks for all the responses so far. It looks pretty promising so far. Hopefully a few more people will chime in. It looks like we have interest in about half the box already and I would hope there might be some folks who haven't chimed in yet who may also be interested in a pack or two. I will update this thread this evening with details but I will probably start reservations tomorrow night (1/16) around 6:00 PM pacific time when I get off work in a new thread.

Thanks again and if you have any questions please feel free to PM or post here.

Steve

Steve
  • Options
    dtsadtsa Posts: 235 ✭✭

In for 2.

• Options
    ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

I'd be in for at least 1 Steve. Thanks!

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not an unopened guy. how many cards r n a pack?

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jay0791 said:

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:

@jay0791 said:

Thanks Tim.

Steve
  • Options

Ok, looks like we have a pretty solid base to try the break. I'll leave this same information at the top of this thread in the original post too so it is easy to find.

PRICE PER SLOT: $75 (this is net to me, so preferably PP Friends and Family otherwise $78 PP Goods/Invoice)

SHIPPING: Free

INSURANCE: I am not a big believer in USPS insurance, but if you want insurance on your package I will add it to your total. Your cost will be the exact USPS charge for the amount insurance that you request.

PAYMENT TERMS: Payment is expected as soon as the break ends, which is defined as when all the slots are claimed. Please be considerate of your fellow breakers as the box won't be opened until all slots are paid for. Again, payment is expected via PayPal and will be net to me. PayPal Friends and Family is preferred but if you want PayPal Goods please know that $3 will be added per slot/pack to the total to account for the PayPal fees.

START TIME: The break will start around 6PM Pacific on Monday 1/16/17. I get off work around 6 so it may be a little earlier or later depending on exactly when I am done with work. I will create a new thread around this time and once it is up, the break is live and you can begin requesting slots. For maximum inclusion, for the first 24 hours there will be a limit of 2 slots per person. After the first 24 hours and for the next 24 hours, everyone can add two more slots. After 48 hours, you can request as many slots as you desire.

BONUS: I will be giving away the empty box from this break (I am assuming someone will want it). **To win the empty box you have to be a participant in the break and you have to request entry into the drawing for the box when you reserve your packs **(or at least sometime before the end of the break). The odds of winning the box will be based on how many slots you purchase and how many other people with slots request a chance at winning the box. For example if you reserve 4 slots and all 36 slots request entry then you will have a 4 in 36 chance of winning. If only 20 of the participating slots request entry for the box then you have a 4 in 20 chance in winning.

Thanks to everyone who is participating! See you tomorrow at 6PM Pacific.

Steve
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

Good luck with the break Steve!!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

Thanks Doug!

Steve
  • Options

So to be clear, we show up at 6pm pst and see if our name is in the list?

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nendee said:

I believe you'll have to reserve your slots in the new thread started at that time.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck with the break. These are always fun to watch.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options

@grote15 said:

@nendee said:

I believe you'll have to reserve your slots in the new thread started at that time.

This is correct. Sorry I was not more clear. This thread was used to gauge interest to see if enough people would be interested to do the break. This thread will end up being just be an informational thread. To keep things as fair as possible, a new thread for reservations will be started tomorrow around 6pm Pacific. That is the thread to make reservations on. I will do my best to update the thread tomorrow evening and in the days to come so people know where they are on the reservation list.

Again, reservations will start tomorrow at 6PM on the new thread, the initial limit will be 2 packs for the first round of reservations. This limit will last for 24 hours. Starting on Tue at 6PM, people can reserve 2 more packs for a total of four packs per person for that first 48 hour period. On Wed at 6PM, limits will be taken off and anybody can reserve as many packs as they wish.

This system has been used in a lot of the previous BBCE group breaks in the past to allow as many people as possible to participate in a given break. I wanted to keep in that spirit for this break.

Steve
  • Options

Usually we are paying for a box upfront - and Steve breaks it down - in case you commit the box and someone doesn't pay. In this case, it's unlikely someone would sandbag.

• Options

@nendee said:
    Usually we are paying for a box upfront - and Steve breaks it down - in case you commit the box and someone doesn't pay. In this case, it's unlikely someone would sandbag.

Agreed on all points. I am confident in the group of collectors we have here. I fully expect this break to go smoothly. BTW, now you have to change your signature line :) Only one of your teams qualifies for "Ouch" status now!

Steve
  • Options
    ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

@slum22 said:

@nendee said:

Agreed on all points. I am confident in the group of collectors we have here. I fully expect this break to go smoothly. BTW, now you have to change your signature line :) Only one of your teams qualifies for "Ouch" status now!

Also, I would imagine that there is going to be a wait list too, so if someone doesn't pay, there will be someone right behind them to take up the reins.

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

thank u

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets